• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone make alternate uses of this bracket?

on1wheel01

Well I have this bracket sitting lonesome in the floor board. I want to make use of it. I am really thinking a gun holder for lets say maybe two pistols or something. I didn't know if anyone as done something similar and could give me some ideas. Thanks

blazer 2.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know what it is for?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fire extinguisher.

on1wheel01

Yea I think so. I have a few ideas in mind and will post up when they take off. Which should be this weekend. I just have to bribe a maintenance worker at my job lol. This will be an easy task.

Skinny

Dual pistols...you from Texas? One isn't enough :)

Compromise with a single pistol, single cupholder mod. Best of both worlds!

twlinks

Cool idea but I def wanna make mine a gun holder. I am thinking a dual pistol holder.
So, if you make a "dual" pistol holder, what are your plans for securing them when not in the truck? If you carry, one is normally sufficient and I sure wouldn't leave one sitting there in the open, even if it is locked down somehow. Just curious as to what your plans are.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush or....a pistol on the person is worth 2 in the CUCV. Security would be of paramount importance. Although I refuse to remove the rifle racks in my M1008, I will never use them for their intended purpose. A rifle is standard travel fare anymore with the rash of current events. With that said they are always secure and well out of sight.

Skinny

I would probably mount one up front so you do not need to carry while driving in an uncomfortable position. The second I would mount under the seat padding in a pocket. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT leave one mounted near the tcase lever in an unoccupied truck. Not only will it get stolen, but that is just poor fire arm ownership and responsibility. Some dink will steal it, use it to commit a crime, then sue you because you left it in your truck for him to take...welcome to America. Conceal is conceal period.

So now we are back to the single pistol cup holder compromise :)

twlinks

I would probably mount one up front so you do not need to carry while driving in an uncomfortable position. The second I would mount under the seat padding in a pocket. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT leave one mounted near the tcase lever in an unoccupied truck. Not only will it get stolen, but that is just poor fire arm ownership and responsibility. Some dink will steal it, use it to commit a crime, then sue you because you left it in your truck for him to take...welcome to America. Conceal is conceal period.

So now we are back to the single pistol cup holder compromise :)
Amen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks