• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone modded cummins 250 or lds

tm america

i dont think it would take any more but im gonna find out im gonna start getting my parts to put a 5.9 cummmins in there when i get everything im gonna throw a egt on there and turn it up to see what the ldt will take before it throws a rod or melts down ill keep track of it when i do the twin turbo idea works but you need to get more are in to keep the temp down i was gonna pit a intercooler on the and turn the fuel up more but what good does that do you if you throw a rod

nk14zp

Who has thrown a rod and why? Was it over reved to much hp oiling problem or what?Have not got my dueces home yet but I do have a 12v6bt for a doner to bad it's a rotary pump tho.

tm america

its an over revving problem they just cant handle that much stress everyone ive seen the rod came off the piston side and popped through the side of the block make a nice inspection hole for you :-D

hulk31st

M-Series Rebuild advertises in Military Vehicles Magazine that he repowers deuces with Cummins 5.9's and you end up with 200 HP. I believe he is a SS member, but I don't know his username. His website is : http://www.mseriesrebuild.com

2cents

Last edited:

blackdiesel

make sure to get the 94-early 98 cummins out of a dodge pickup. They are the 12v mechanical engine with the legendary p-pump. I am running a 02 dodge with the 24 vavle for my work truck. the computers are great, untill you have to put a thousand dollar injection pump on them.

anyways, the 12v's are very reliable and make massive hp. i had my pickup turned to 530hp according to the dyno. She would really get with it. The 12v's are capable of much more. you can get 350hp out of them with out spending a time. Just know what to tweak and where to grind. with a few thousand dollars 500 hp is very easy. turbo(s), DV's, injectors, etc etc. Of course if you start to boost over 40-45 psi you need head studs. and if you start boosting over 55-60 you'll need to o-ring your head.

tm america

id be happy with 350 hp cuz im sure the torque would be near 1000i am looking for a 12v mech motor i want to keep my truck 24 voltsso dont want to me with computers that are gonna fry out first time they get wet or the voltage spikes cuz the inverter messed up do you know the weight of a 12v cummins id bet they are lighter than a ldt which would help offroad by evening out the ground pressure front to rear

nforest

Im an ASE master Tech, and truly love the Cummins engine, You can turn a 6BT up to 600HP no problem, and a stock motor will take 42psi of boost, just not all the time. if O-ring the cylinder head you can run 52 lbs of boost.

Every 15lbs of added boost is like doubling the displacement.

The motor to get is a 5.9 out of a 1994-1996 Dodge truck, stay with mechanical injection and the bosch inline pump for power.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks