• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Ft. Ripley? Hauling M105's

98hd

Hauling M105's - Recovery

******UPDATE:

Did the recovery today, went very well. Several others getting their trailers there as well.

Loaded them backwards to what was recommended here, John(??) the site mgr said he loads most of them this way. Had too much touge weight at first, but after a little adjusting it trailered great.

As a bonus I found that what I had hoped to be one cover in the back of one of the trailers ended up being two! :grin: So now I have bows and covers for both.

Only bad part was I about doubled my cost in fuel and one night at a hotel.

Pic below.

So I bought 2 M105's today from Ripley. I'm going to try getting both of them on my 18ft car trailer, but am looking to see if there is somewhere around I could drop one off at just incase they both won't fit. I'd really hate to have to take 2 days off work to pickup both.

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up 3 myself from there too, if I could get 4 on my trailer I could haul yours back to my place but I think 4 would be too many. If you need a place to drop one look up "Crazy Jim's Military Surplus", he is on the south side of Little Falls and I have dropped stuff off there before for a few bucks and gone back on a weekend to pick them up. I think if you load them right you should be able to get 2 on your trailer.

acmunro

I have had two on my 18' car trailer. Sorry no pics. I had them loaded with the tongues to the back of the car trailer so I could hook up to them and pull them off when I got home. I have done this several times. I tried to keep the front 105 back a little ways to reduce tongue weight on the towed trailer. That leaves the tongue on the back 105 stick out a little bit. I put red flags on it and was ok in Pennsylvania.

98hd

Here are two on a 16ft car hauler so you should be fine with a 18fter.. These came from Ripley about 2 years ago.. :-D safe travels to you..

That pic is just what I needed to see. I figured I could make them fit, but just wasn't 100% sure. Are they pretty good about helping load up there?

Lane, how did your recovery at Sparta go? I wish I could have helped you pick them up.

Thanks for everyones input.

FM5332FF

they will fit, ive done it on a 20' equipment trailer, the best way is to have them facing forward with the tongue on one of them butted up to the tongue on your trailer, When we loaded them at first we had them facing the other way and it was just too much tongue weight on the trailer. i took the landing gear off one of mine. Here are some pics. Also i had a little more in my truck than just the trailers, that why it is squatting so bad.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks