• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Nellis that can look at a vehicle?

Fleg

Hey guys,

Just won a M1009 at Nellis and saw that someone posted this today;

The Barstow and Nevada bases are draining fluids by punching holes in the tranny pan, fuel tank, and removing the diff covers-(and not replacing the bolts), and they drain the t-case.
Is that true? If there is someone in the area that can get on base and take a look at my M1009 to see if this has been done to it or not then I'd really appreciate it. PM me for details.

BTW; I work at Kirtland AFB and can check on any item that you guys need looked at.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

Just won a M1009 at Nellis and saw that someone posted this today;

Is that true? If there is someone in the area that can get on base and take a look at my M1009 to see if this has been done to it or not then I'd really appreciate it. PM me for details.

BTW; I work at Kirtland AFB and can check on any item that you guys need looked at.

Why depend on hear-say? Just call the GL office in question and ask them. The office number is posted in the ad where you did your bidding.

Fleg

Why depend on hear-say? Just call the GL office in question and ask them. The office number is posted in the ad where you did your bidding.

Before driving 600 miles to pick up my M1009 and asking a total stranger to help me out, don't you think I would have done that?

It's a moot point anyway if you would have even read this thread completely.

Before driving 600 miles to pick up my M1009 and asking a total stranger to help me out, don't you think I would have done that?

It's a moot point anyway if you would have even read this thread completely.

A little harsh buddy. Lot's of people don't call to ask, and a few go to pick up vehicles with little to no info on their condition. Someone posting some helpful hints should be thanked, not berated.

Fleg

A little harsh buddy. Lot's of people don't call to ask, and a few go to pick up vehicles with little to no info on their condition. Someone posting some helpful hints should be thanked, not berated.

I've only seen one person truly offer help in this thread and I thanked him accordingly. When someone offers condescending advice after the fact, I'll reply to them accordingly as well.

KsM715

I read Dave Kay's post yesterday and didnt think it sounded condecending. Just say "thanks but I already picked up the truck" How hard is that?

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mik and Jeff, and to Mr. Fleg--- no offense intended--- seems you're kind of new here, but you might brush that chip off your shoulder and relax a bit, this is a VERY freindly site with lots of helpful folks. And keep in mind too: it's all in how we percieve things and maybe sometimes they are not always the way we think they are. PM me if you wanna' talk off-board, otherwise, anything more makes no sense and I think the moderator should just close this thread... best regards to all[thumbzup]