• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone need MEP-003 Parts?

derf

I just made contact with a guy claims to have "a pile" of 003 parts he is wanting to get rid of. I told him about SS so he may show up here. If not, please advise what you might want and I'll see if he has it.

Paging Ike................ If he wants to sell out I really don't have room for "a pile" of 003s. LMK if you're interested and have room.

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

I'll buy the pile whole. I need a bunch of parts for my 003 including injector lines, wiring harness, and quite possibly the whole engine block. I'll PM you.

steelandcanvas

I just made contact with a guy claims to have "a pile" of 003 parts he is wanting to get rid of. I told him about SS so he may show up here. If not, LMK what you might want and I'll see if he has it.

Paging Ike................ If he wants to sell out I really don't have room for "a pile" of 003s. LMK if you're interested and have room.
Straight out of Forum Rules:
Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!

derf

LMK is Let Me Know.
You used 8th instead of eighth. I'm just sayin.

I realize it is not proper to end a sentence with a preposition, but "of which he is wanting to get rid" sounds haughty.

The other guy said he would PM me instead of "Private Message".

I get your point, though, so next time I'll try and remember to substitute "Please advise" instead of LMK.

By the way, (There, I didn't use BTW), is the MVCC in your avatar Roman for 1205 or Mohawk Valley Community College?

Just kidding. I know the answer. But, there are more unknown acronyms in your avatar and signature than there were in my original (now more better) post.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets not continue down this path please. Your friend won't be able to post in out classifieds unless he has 100 posts. With that said there are lots of 003 owners here and it would be ashamed to not know about the stuff. Maybe you can get a list together and mediate for him?

3dAngus

The LMK is perfectly acceptable abbreviation today for internet use, and is not out of the boundary of approriate netiquette. It is acceptable everywhere.

It has been for about ten years now.

derf

Lets not continue down this path please. Your friend won't be able to post in out classifieds unless he has 100 posts. With that said there are lots of 003 owners here and it would be ashamed to not know about the stuff. Maybe you can get a list together and mediate for him?

That was the plan. I asked the seller for pics and prices and told him I would try and help him find buyer(s). Crawdaddy spoke up and said he wants everything so I put them in touch. I assume Crawdaddy will get what he wants and possibly offer up spares to everyone else, if he wants.

I directed the seller to SS. He said he's been here and done a lot of reading but didn't really post here.

As far as acronyms and abbreviations go I've been using things like LMK, BTW, OTOH, and the like on the internet since way before texting was popular. I have a Nokia phone that is just a phone; no camera, no keyboard, etc. I may receive and/or send 10 texts a month. I am not what you would call a texter. It just comes natural to me like using SS here instead of typing Steel Soldiers or Steel Soldiers.

derf

The LMK is perfectly acceptable abbreviation today for internet use, and is not out of the boundary of approriate netiquette. It is acceptable everywhere.

It has been for about ten years now.

That is my opinion. I don't mind correction. I hope others don't mind my humorous (to me, anyway) observations on the correction.

steelandcanvas

I knew what LMK meant, but maybe some of our "not so text friendly" Members would not have. PM seems to be an acceptable abbreviation on this Forum. As far as unknown acronyms in my signature line, M.V.P.A.? U.S.? I think these are rather obvious and acceptable on this military related forum. If we don't say something now, we'll be getting OMG, BFF, AAMOF, BBSD, DGTG, and others. I can see you have a good sense of humor and responded in a positive fashion, and that is very much appreciated, but leave the text abbreviations to texting. HDYLMN?

3dAngus

Yes, specific to this site there are such acronoyms such as LOL (Laugh Out Loud), BTW or By the Way, OP or Originating Poster, PM, or Private Messaging, and several others. The LMK, BTW, and LOL are more universally acceptable. I guess the very knowledgeable poster probably was not aware of this specific one and it just caught him off guard, but it doesn't normally fall under the rules cited anymore than PM or OP, which most all users on this forum are familiar.

I had to look up OP when I first came on here because it was new to me, and I may still have it wrong. It is not a customarily or universally accepted internet acronoym but is to this site, making it pretty much so exempt from the rule set listed on capitalization as well.

Isaac-1

Thanks for the heads up, let me know if things fall through I may be interested, but now is not really a good time for me as I have been busy with medical issues the last couple of weeks and it looks like I am going to be busy with more (hopefully minor) procedures the next several weeks.

Ike

RealCavDog

WOW ! All the things to worry about, and now it looks like I had better go back through ALL my posts and change out all my " IMHO " inserts ! :roll:

It is kinda', oops, kind of, funny when the police turn the corner and then get a ticket for the same violation ! rofl

derf

OP isn't original poster but is Operating Procedure, right.
How about acronyms are FUBAR unless approved by the VIP in charge or or his VPs?

Some others related to forums more so than texting are:
DPO Dumb Prior Owner
SO Significant Other
SWMBO She Who Must Be Obeyed (same as SO most times)
WTS Want To Sell
WTT Want To Trade

Etc. I don't do much texting at all so I don't really know what works well there.

3dAngus

... back to MEP-003 parts

I know there are plenty of people out there that could use some parts. Lets get this back on track so you can help out some fellow SSers. And thanks for your offering. I just sold my MEP-003 today or I would be hitting you up for some low cost parts for backup, like meters, starters, regulators, boards, etc. etc.

I suspect later on tonight you will start hearing from some fellow SSers in need if we can get off the acronoym stuff and concentrate on the parts.

derf

Hopefully the seller and crawdaddy can come to an agreement that will make the seller and crawdaddy happy.

derf

I have a spare VR (voltage regulator for those challenged) but it is as yet untested. They are the same 3kW-10kW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks