• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone recognize this 416 DoKa?

NEWFISHER

Trying to gather some intel on this 416 Im looking at buying. Back story so far: Current owner has possesed it for the last 5 years. Has been trying to sell it for the last year on and off. Started sale without title but currently has Utah title in his name. He aquired it in a property aquisition and isnt into owning a Mog...weird. I have verified the propery aquisition story, traced the images back about a year when first posted and am wondering if anyone has any further info on this DoKa?
Thank you.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8c1k4n7wpiecmzu/AAD7oifLAedohehnLOjWHRGfa?dl=0

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know anything about this particular truck but the 416 is a very good truck depending of course on the previous use/abuse its been through the DOKA part is a very huge bonus, I would expect that would add another 5K to the value of the truck of course depending on condition. If its got a clear title and in decent shape mechanically and the rust isnt to bad the truck is worth a fair bit of money! The 416 has been around for a while and like all Unimogs its been proven virtually around the world in any and every type of use that we cannot even come close to guessing! Good luck and I hope it works out for you and all goes well, Every NEW Unimog owner is a very welcome addition to the site!
Karl

NEWFISHER

Thanks Karl, agreed the 416 is a great rig. It looks like someone has done a body off resto on it at some point and thought the frame would look good red against the OE blue body. Now several years later, the red is pink :( I think Im an owner, but hoping someone has some good prior info!

Thanks,

Jon

NEWFISHER

I'm AN OWNER

So far it runs out nice. Fixed a few things including battery box, broken brake reservoir, air inlet, cab/bonnet engine cover insulation ( Dynamat) and new rubber pulls.General cleanup and sanding/painting of wheels, fuel tank, bumper and misc.. Replaced/ serviced all fluids and it " FEELS" better every day. Syncromesh tranny fluid works wonders! GL5 in all portals and axles. Just have the fuel filters left and a left front axle seal grrrrr:driver:

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huge congrats Newfisher you are NOW one of the few on this site! Have you got your hands on the operators manual yet? You most likely are going to need it depending on your past Unimog experience? When do we get to see pictures?
Karl

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Newfisher sorry I went back to the first post and got to look it over. Extremely beautiful Unimog, I would say that you did very well.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Karl

NEWFISHER

Thanks Karl. No service manual yet, at $350 it will be a while. Ive been grabbing info on maintenence of the interwebs. So far so good but will want a little more info when I do the hub seal. Looks pretty straight forward....big tools, cherry picker for removal etc. Until then Im fabbing up some tube for the 9" Hella lights up front and both the front/rear 12k winches. I have decided to loose the red frame and scrub it down to accept some black. Going to shoot the roof with Raptor Liner and then do the bed and gates followed by a new headliner in birch and a custom blue snow camo vinyl wrap. Pic to come as I make progress.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do understand the manual costs Newfisher that is about what I paid for both of the volumes for my 1300 and I griped a little bit trust me but when I really had to dig in to some maintenance issues they were worth every penny then. Are you going with PTO driven winches on your MOG or are you going 24 volt electric? I had a chance to buy a used Unimog winch for the front of my 1300 its a PTO driven unit and I hope the Unimog Gods forgive me for this BUT OMG that winch assembly was big and ugly as sin! I try had to keep my trucks looking as stock as I can but as far as the MOG goes, I would be going 24 volt electric on it! Keep me posted Newfisher and if I can be of any assistance with questions or stuff dont hesitate to ask!
Karl

saddamsnightmare

October 10th, 2015.

Karl:

You had better get help now, as you seem to be developing an incurable dependency on the Unimog fix, and that is like heroin, it will sooner or later destroy your life if you don't seek help soon. I'll trade you an S404.114 for your U1300L, no questions asked, no money to change hands, it should help you fight back this dangerous addiction.....
Do they even have 11 step groups for Unimog dependency? I doubt it! "Hi, I'm Karl, and I can't get clear of this M-B Unimog thing." Hi. Karl!".......:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks