• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone recognize this trailer?

DMgunn

This trailer has turned up at the local salvage yard. I don't know anything about it, except that it's green, so I want it :roll: (not really). Anyone know what it's purpose was?

I think it would be cool to have a truck and trailer ID guide on the site - something with basic profile drawings along with model designations.

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Called Clamshells, maintnence van trailers not sure of the M# could have a bunch of cool parts or tools in it, Genset maybe a welder or gas rig if you got a way of getting it it would be cool to have esspeicailly if you had a bunch of trucks to work on or to take to a rally for a rally tool trailer.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are into woodworking or metalworking, YOU NEED THAT TRAILER! Get the info on how much the salvage yard wants for it, and post it here. I'm sure someone here would like to buy it if the price is right!

54reo

citizensoldier said:
Here is the inside of one..
Hey.....

Wait....

I think I.....may.....have.....seen......those....pics.....before.....

LANE!!!!!!

You just ruined my week!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!!! The memories, the pain, it all came flooding back!!!!!!

THE definition of a "once in a lifetime" opportunity!

It was FULL!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

citizensoldier

54reo said:
citizensoldier said:
Hey.....

Wait....

LANE!!!!!!

You just ruined my week!!!! Arghhhhh!!!!!! The memories, the pain, it all came flooding back!!!!!!

It was FULL!!!!!

Didnt mean to wreck you week! I wonder who got my truck? Did you ever find out? :D

54reo

citizensoldier said:
54reo said:
citizensoldier said:
Hey.....

Wait....

LANE!!!!!!

It was FULL!!!!!

Didnt mean to wreck you week! I wonder who got my truck? Did you ever find out? :D
Never did find out who got it.

Someone did REAL good on that one!

DMgunn

You guys aren't messing around tonight! Look how much I've learned in a couple hours' time:

1) It is a shop van
2) It is an industrial green color inside
3) It may have a small machine shop present
4) I need to buy it......

I'll have to find out if it's for sale, or if he is going to use it at the yard. Those pics have got me interested.......I don't need it - I mean, my wife says "Don't you dare!" - but I would hate to see it wasted. What the heck is a salvage yard going to do with a turning lathe, anyway? - assuming one is there.

Tibby

Boyce Equipment had one of these or one very similar a while back. From what I recall, it was kind of a machine shop on wheels. Somebody buy it.

54reo

DMgunn said:
You guys aren't messing around tonight! Look how much I've learned in a couple hours' time:

1) It is a shop van
2) It is an industrial green color inside
3) It may have a small machine shop present
4) I need to buy it......

I'll have to find out if it's for sale, or if he is going to use it at the yard. Those pics have got me interested.......I don't need it - I mean, my wife says "Don't you dare!" - but I would hate to see it wasted. What the heck is a salvage yard going to do with a turning lathe, anyway? - assuming one is there.
Yeah, I can send you 80 something pics of one of those....right Lane? :) :( :cry: (Just giving you a rough time, man. If you think this is bad, just wait til we meet at a rally.)

They also had a welder, generator, drill press, hydraulic press, vises, the afore mentioned lathe (plus all of the tools), saws, taps, dies, drill bits, tarps (for the sides), wrenches, well...you get the idea. I saw one once that had it ALL, and 80% of everything was new. Like, "still in the box" new. Unbelievable.

Definitely worth looking into.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a search... which brought me to this thread....

Does this trailer have an M series number? Does the trailer chassis have an M number?