• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone registered in CT?

Mtrdrms

I am trying to register my 1008 in Connecticut but am having a hard time. My cucv didnt come with a title so I have to get a signed form from the base that I bought it saying that it has no title. Does this sound right?

Thanks

Andy

Milbikes

Title in CT

Because of its age, it needs a title. Below is a link to CT DMV page. You could sell it to a friend in a non-title state, have them register it, and then you can 'buy' it from them, and then you may have better luck getting it titled here in CT. Or go through a title company (But research them before you do it, some title companies are now on a 'do not accept' list). Good luck! Hal

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=816&Q=244698&dmvNavDLTEST=|28984|

Mtrdrms

Thanks Hal. So do you what a SF97 is for? Does it take the place of a title or allow us to get a title? I'm a bit confused here. Also I talked to a lady from the DMV and she said I would need a notorized letter from the NJ national guard (who owned the truck previously) saying that they were the previous owners and a form "Q" filled out that I could only get if I picked it up at the DMV office.

AJMBLAZER

SF97 is basically the form from the government saying they owned it and are legally transferring ownership to someone else.

Mtrdrms

They call it "Certificate to obtain title to a vehicle". Does that mean it can be used to get a title or, as you say, it acts as a glorified bill of sale? Sorry for the questions, its my first time with this process.

BimmerPower

Banned
Do any of you guys have experience registering a deuce in CT? DMV is giving me problems and I would like to see if anyone can give me some info (even though I know this is a CUCV thread). Thanks

surfdog

This used to work - but I am now in NY and haven't registered a truck in CT in a few years.

An easy way to do this without a title in CT is to "wash" the sale through a transfer from a family member. Then there is no sales tax.

IE - Have a bill of sale from your father/mother/brother/etc "gifting" you the vehicle.

If it's old enough, it doesn't need a title.

AJMBLAZER

It's sort of a grey area. Knowingly doing that isn't much different then cutting a VIN off a junker and putting it on a stolen car in the eyes of the law.

Now are you going to get caught? Who knows. At worst it's the cops come looking for your vehicle and at best it's a bunch of paperwork to straighten it out and you saying you didn't know.

Mtrdrms

There is diesel specific emissions tests and mine flew right through it. Just make sure your VIN matches the paperwork you get from GL on both the door and the cab (if you go that route).

Mudstone

hmm... cool i just hope that i don't have to wait to january 1 to register my truck. its so stupid i have to get emissions done for a month...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks