• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone replaced their window glass seals?

I'm replacing the glass in the drivers door of my M1009, and once I saw how bad the rubber window seal was, I decided to get that out too.

Right now I'm looking at my LMC Truck catalog, and they list two different kinds of door glass run - a one-piece that goes from the bottom of the rear all the way around (think of a big C) listed for the 81-91 years; and a two-piece kit that has separate bits for the top/rear and front (think of an L and an I), listed for the 73-80 years.

Now, just by the years listed I should get the one-piece, but when I was looking just now, it seems I have two separate pieces.

Has anyone replaced the seals in their doors? Do I go by looks or by listed application? Would the 'wrong' seal still fit?

SuperchargedRS

two pieces, one big one that goes all the way around and a little top one,

god I did the front windshield and rear side windows and windwings too (re-installing thata little rivit is REAL fun).....flashbacks, what a PITA

Thanks guys,
Looking at the other side, I'm thinking it was all one piece at some point, but cracked into two.

I'm trying to find some 3M Silicone spray - it's apparently quite useful for installing seals, and it helps preserve the rubber.

Armada

I'm trying to find some 3M Silicone spray - it's apparently quite useful for installing seals, and it helps preserve the rubber.
I believe LMC or Cassic Industries carries it. Also try your local automotive paint store.

1956_4x4

thedeliverator said:
Thanks guys,
Looking at the other side, I'm thinking it was all one piece at some point, but cracked into two.

You should be able to pick up silicone spray at most any parts store. I doubt there is any difference between 3M and any other type, except for the price.

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks