• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone running 3 fuel tanks in an M1010 or other CUCV?

KamikazeKunze

Hey all,

I got got a deal on the passenger saddle tank and a 30g suburban tank.
anyone running all of these?
I’m trying to wrap my head around the plumbing and wiring of it all.
I’m know It’s a bit ridiculous but I am thinking long range expedition use.

Any input is appreciated 😉

thanks a bunch

richingalveston

it would be hard to get 3 filler necks and doors, you may be able to put a transfer pump in to fill the 30 gallon tank. The other problem may be the fuel switch. i don't know of a three way but you could use two -two way switches in series to get to the third tank.

It will be a lot of weight in fuel

just my thoughts. I want to upgrade my 1009 to a 30 gallon one of these days

KamikazeKunze

Well, I was going along the same thoughts...I have mocked up the passenger side and I think can get the filler just over the horizontal rib but between the wheel well and the cold air intake for the heater and wired “factory” with the switch....I like the idea of making the rear tank a transfer tank.....I’ll mock that one up and see where the filler could go.

Thanks

Dunno about the 1010 but my 1031 wouldn't fit the sub tank unless I moved the rear crossmember aft and changed the bumper bracing. Yes re: transfer tank - but try this version. Make the rear the main tank and transfer into it from either or both saddles (use the blackout service light switch to control two pumps and switch between tank senders to a small gm squarebody fuel gauge mounted in one of the upper idiot light locations - add an idiot light elsewhere on the under dash metalwork if desired)

Plumbing: send me a PM and I'll send pics of my system. I mounted the filters/pumps/1-way valves and a drain valve for the system under/inside the transfer case crossmember.

KamikazeKunze

Skysix great idea having the rear main tank as the primary is an outstanding idea.
I’m Finishing my “kitchen” this weekend in the 1010. I’ll mock everything up next weekend and see how she goes.
I’ll let you know how it goes.

thanks a bunch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks