• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone selling 24v-12v converters

cessnatwin

Anyone know a good reliable source for new or used (good quality) converters?? I purchased a few from here that were caterpillar take outs, and now I need more!

T

televisionman007

cessna theres a guy on here that has them and rayzer said they where pretty darn good. Thanks for the trailers again

evo45

So the 60 amp equlizer that is on ebay will allow you to draw 12v off of one battery and not burn the batteries up by over charging the one without the 12v draw? This box will charge both batteries independently no matter what the draw. Correct?

Stalwart

No, the equalizer will draw 24V and allow you to charge a 3rd 12V battery and supply 12V loads. OR It will take 24 V from BOTH batteries and charge the 12V one closest to ground and allow you to tap that battery for your 12V loads. Read attached file:

Attachments

Why use a converter? Use a dual voltage alternator instead

Anyone know a good reliable source for new or used (good quality) converters?? I purchased a few from here that were caterpillar take outs, and now I need more!
Why would you want to bother with a 24 VDC to 12 VDC converter? You already have a very good 12 VDC source on your truck. You have a 12 VDC supply with the battery that is grounded on the negative and the center tap between the two batteries. Just use one of the newer dual voltage type alternators -- like the ones used on the Hummer or CUCV. The dual voltage alternator will supply the correct float voltage for the battery being used for 12 VDC, so both of your batteries will stay properly charged. These dual voltage alternators appear to be readily available and very affordable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks