• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone take their FMTV to a foreign Canada or Mexico without issue?

Reworked LMTV

I am also attempting to gather info. on traveling in an FMTV through North America and Mexico. I am curious if anyone has taken one across the borders. Obviously, camo is probably not your best color choice if you are attempting to travel into another country lol

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We should take some credit up here for our share of shady and unlikely but possible confiscation.

Quebec is making travel slightly mysterious still with no guarantee they wouldn't tow my deuce off a highway. If you head there I'd make fresh contacts with the law. I have made a lot of contacts there so keep me posted. There is some public toxicity toward the military in our local francais as well and I'm still learning to what extent.

I've seen the odd report of road robberies so we're not the king and queen reception we previously were. Doors once left unlocked must now be locked to make things difficult to grab.

Border crossings haven't created a lot of challenges other than a radiation sniff from gauges once in a while or delays while paperwork went through.

Keep us in the loop.

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

We should take some credit up here for our share of shady and unlikely but possible confiscation.

Quebec is making travel slightly mysterious still with no guarantee they wouldn't tow my deuce off a highway. If you head there I'd make fresh contacts with the law. I have made a lot of contacts there so keep me posted. There is some public toxicity toward the military in our local francais as well and I'm still learning to what extent.

I've seen the odd report of road robberies so we're not the king and queen reception we previously were. Doors once left unlocked must now be locked to make things difficult to grab.

Border crossings haven't created a lot of challenges other than a radiation sniff from gauges once in a while or delays while paperwork went through.

Keep us in the loop.
Have you driven your vehicle into the US?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't take it to Mexico. Vehicles are taken all the time for the dumbest things. Also it may not just be the Federales, that want it. Could also be their bosses, Zetas etc.etc. Just looking like a military vehicle, no Bueno. When I was a kid we drove across the river in the big bend area all the time. And even took our ranch trucks with rifles etc. Not safe anymore. Even the people that live around my hometown with family in Mexico say don't go. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you driven your vehicle into the US?
No sir not an MV. I don't have anything that could make it. My old seat for the south is either air conditioned or heated, depending on the time of year.

I get to hear the stories when the local MVPA boys hit Tower Park or whatever venue is going on across the border every year. I think SuperDave has the best adventures crossing with the M135 or LSVW.

In 2012 the MVPA sent units north to Alaska by the dozens and I hear it was pretty smooth. Here are some of the big boys they brought across.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks