• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone tried an overhead console in a HMMWV?

Dock Rocker

Has anyone tried to use a console like the one from thosemilitaryguys?

Like this one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124221.527164.jpg

It would be really handy to put a CB in and a few switches.

I have never seen one in person so I have no idea if it could be modded to work on a HMMWV.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is still plenty of room...there are 2 shelves. I have a .50cal ammo can on mine, my IBIS Tek light bar switch panel.
I could add a ton more crap...and even more if I add all the brackets off of it for other stuff like phones, monitors, iPads....

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I have is an iPad right now...I posted a pic some time ago as well.
all I can say is just install a double decker radio mount. I've seen others on the forum who have done the same.

springbok

One thing to remember about loading up the radio tray is that if you have to take the doghouse out you need to swing the radio tray out of the way. Thus, make sure things on it are secured or removed prior to doing so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks