• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone tried C&C equipment windshields?

texas30cal

I got them but the hinges seem to be incorrect? The hinges don't have enough movement to allow the windshield to close, it's still going to be open by a few inches

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post pics?

texas30cal

Is the interference between the two hinge pieces meant to work as a seal to keep water out since there is no way of sealing the hinge itself?

texas30cal

Here is one of them, maybe I'm just not looking at something right, but it seems the hinge should at least get close to being parallel to the top of the windshield frame? It's not the rubber holding it up, In the pics in putting quite a bit of pressure on it too.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had issues with the Korean windows.

Is the hinge a pinned hinge or just an edge that slides into a slot?

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Droprat has factory ones (used frames) that have had new glass installed for sale. Assuming it's for a m44 series deuce, m809, or m39 series trucks.

Last edited:

texas30cal

It's just two channels that fit together. I just looked at deuce #3 (parts truck, former air force judging by the blue paint), it's upper hinge halves are good so I'll see if the Korean windshields will fit them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steelandcanvase used C & C Equipment windows on his deuce without issues. Can't rember which thread he posted it in , probably "The what did you do to your deuce" thread. You may want to search that thread as he isn't on SS much any more.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure mine are the Korean ones, I used the old hinge piece on the new frame. It's a tight fit but worked. I don't think it seals as good though.

texas30cal

I just stripped the frame apart that came off the donor truck, the hinge pieces are near perfect and work with the Korean windshields. Will post comparison pics shortly. For future reference don't bother buying the windshields that come with the hinge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks