• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone want to have a MV gathering in Missouri?

Overdrive

Any interest in a military vehicle get together and hang out when the weather warms up in say April timeframe in Missouri?

I am just outside Wentzville, West of St. Louis.

Thanks!

OD

m109a2

Sounds good to me.The wife is from K.C. Will be headed your way to visit her 90 year old mom about that time frame A swap meet would be A good thing.If we could get together on A date.That would great.Plan on bring my M35a2W/W and a m35a2 frame mated with a m109 box and a 105 .Any excuse to drive the deuce.pm me.Al.

Overdrive

If the crowd is small I may be willing to host a get together on my property. Have a big circle gravel driveway and an open field area that would be good for truck setup fun. Had the semi with a flatbed drive through and drop off my LMTV so should be more than adequate for any MV setups. Just a thought. I am 9 miles south of Forestell, MO just west of Wentzville, MO.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is Missouri? :lol:
About 10 hours North West of you!
Missouri is a midwestern U.S. state covered by grassy plains and the forested Ozark Mountains. Kansas City, on the Kansas border, has jazz clubs, the National World War I Museum and the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, with giant shuttlecock sculptures on its lawn. St. Louis, on the Illinois border, is known for its 630-ft. Gateway Arch overlooking the Mississippi River.

Last edited by a moderator:

54reo

The WWII Weekend at Jefferson Barracks is held on April 22-24.
While it is WWII, they usually have a late model MVPA area set up too.
Three battles, usually with tanks...

mcmullag

oh!, thanks for the info on that event. I lived me first 45 years in the St. Louis area.
I went to that event at Jefferson Barracks about 11 or 12 years ago. It was very impressive.
That would be cool if you guys could set up your get together near that.
I may come into town to see the JB thing.

54reo

The WWII Weekend was a great time with a fantastic turn out this year from the reenactors. The weather was perfect all three days!

Didn't notice any SS guys there though. We had an M1950 tent set up and the M1009 this year; left all the big stuff at home.

54reo

If anyone is interested....

The LST 325 will be coming to Cape Girardeau this fall. We are planning a large camp there with our local MVPA chapter.
A late model vehicle and camp will be included...

More to come

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks