• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone with a class b or a licence in socal help.

tmaxxgod4

I need someone to drive my 5 ton from Fontana to Anaheim 57 exit ball. I will get a trip permit. I have time but only a class c drivers.

I can pay $100 to you. I need it moved Wed Thursday or Friday. Anytime thats good for you.

Artisan

Thanx Will but the math and liability of a "GL" truck = NOGO

Not trying to be a jerk (at all) tmaxx but here is some hard things to think about;

45 minutes to drive to Fontana from my house.
1 hour minimum to eyeball truck plus wrenches to pull all axle & TC plugs to check if it has oil in ALL holes,
look at (and CRAWL) the truck for defects and do a DOT COLA test and pull drum plugs to make sure there is pad etc.
IF" it is ok, another hour to Ball and then you drive me an hour back,
then I drive home Pushing 6-8 hours plus if I drive it is my liability and in a GL truck? If mine OK, someone else, nope.
That is all your very own deserved fun.
Plus stop for fuel and what else??? Been there done this! I would need a good strong CC too for a tow truck
if it breaks down, ain't gonna use mine! Plus it is HOT outside and I do not drive my own 5ton
into the sun on summer days. I did it "once".

$1000 Cash OK, $500 just to show up, if I deem truck unsafe you call mechanic and
have me back, pay again...

tmaxx you will be better off w/ a flatbed. Prob $4-500 or so and there are no liabilities and no
breakdowns and you can just sit at home and wait for it to arrive then make it safe enough for the Mrs to drive,
which it needs to be anyways.

Alternately if you find someone who does not have anything to loose...

Good Luck, post up pics!

How about a link to it on GL? Maybe we can see something to help advise you.

Artisan

First impressions says it looks pretty clean. Overall not a bad deal, IMO, if no issues.

Soft top
M932A2 w/ CTIS (It is an M939 Series truck)

Try
Jans Towing
Haddicks Towing
United Towing (they are in Fontana )

Try clicking HERE and calling some of these folks perhaps.

Just tell them you have a truck that weighs" _____" (look that up in the TM) Hint, it is NOT 30K like the auction says,
it is more like 23K or so I thunk. You need to be sure. Tell them it is a 3 axle military 6x6 and
it runs and they can drive it on and off there trailer (MAKE SURE that is true, that is drives etc)

Piece of cake, just get to the getting and get prices. Know the exact milage before you call
from Fontana GL to your drop off point.

If you do not know how to start it and drive it you need to take a CRASH COARSE NOW
by start reading the Operators Manual, you need to do that anyways. Do NOT drive
that thing till a pro does a Proper C.O.L.A. test on the truck. Check ALL FLUIDS
before you drive it! I mean EVERYTHING! or you could be REAL sorry.

(The tow driver "might" know how to do a COLA test.)

Go to the Technical Manuals section and find the M939 Series of trucks and D/L
the TM that ends in -10 to start, read it, learn it, live it.

To awnser your question, no I do not know these folks and I made an educated guess.
let them know there is no distress and at there leisure perhaps on a day next week
you meet them there and they load and follow you home. Easy Peasie. Make sure
you arrive w/ your drivers license and a copy of your PAID IN FULL Invoice.

Does it have fuel in it?

Don't forget to do the SF97 paperwork so you can register it but it may be too new
to register in CALIF and beat the new Diesel rules. I do NOT know those laws.
If it is too new you will need to register it out of state or never drive it on the roads.

So make SURE of the registration deal BEFORE you send the $60 and fill in the SF97 form!

Artisan

Member CARNAC here "might" be able to tell you the year of that truck.
He usually requests a small donations to the Wounded Warriors Assoc I
believe it is. You will need to give him a whole bunch of numbers off
those data plates on the truck. Do not expect him to go look at the
pics and harvest the numbers himself, There is a thread someplace on this
and he outlines how to do it exactly. Ask doghead about that. he will
know where that is.

I am happy to help you but as you see not happy to take risks.
if you need help and need to call just PM me.

DrillerSurplus

The truck looks clean! I had a bunch of guys working for me that had Class A CDL licenses, but still almost always had vehicle towed so we could check it out thoroughly before driving it.

I have used Anaheim Towing for several years to recover various items and large vehicles including MK48s with MK17 & MK18 RBUs from Perris, Barstow, Oceanside and Fontana. They are used to the process of making appointments & dealing with GL. As Artisan mentioned, you can save some money if you get it scheduled where there is some flexibility rather than a last minute rush before GL declares it abandoned. I always send photos and the link to the auction lot to anyone picking something up from GL.

If needed, they are also pretty reasonable for short term storage until you can pick it up. Anaheim Towing- Oscar 714-526-3314

Good luck & have fun!

m715mike

Member CARNAC here "might" be able to tell you the year of that truck.
He usually requests a small donations to the Wounded Warriors Assoc I
believe it is. You will need to give him a whole bunch of numbers off
those data plates on the truck. Do not expect him to go look at the
pics and harvest the numbers himself, There is a thread someplace on this
and he outlines how to do it exactly. Ask doghead about that. he will
know where that is.

I am happy to help you but as you see not happy to take risks.
if you need help and need to call just PM me.

Here is a link to the aforementioned thread...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118697-2014-VIN-Info-Thread

maxtor

Just for reference, a trucker brought our M923a2 600 miles from Barstow to Redding for $1,500.
Best $1,500 I spent. Possible accident or break down, would ruin your day, if you had someone drive it to your house.

Amer-team

That is essentially a nice truck, it could be of concern that the fuel tank and tool box are both bent up for some reason.

Did someone perform the old GL trick of trying to pick up something with a forklift? It looks like you have a winner once you get the chance to work out a few bugs. Good luck on the recovery.

Artisan

Fontan uses a forklift to move trucks. I have seen it, I have witnessed it and I do believe I still have a picture of it happening to a m923. They reason that if one fork is on the crodd member and the other is in the fuel tank and tool box it is OK.

BE VERY AFRAID.

Artisan

That is essentially a nice truck, it could be of concern that the fuel tank and tool box are both bent up for some reason.

Did someone perform the old GL trick of trying to pick up something with a forklift? It looks like you have a winner once you get the chance to work out a few bugs. Good luck on the recovery.
Fontana uses a forklift to move trucks. I have seen it, I have witnessed it and I do believe I still have a picture of it happening to a M923. Maybe it is this one! I took it about 2 months ago. They reason that if one fork is on the cross member and the other is in the fuel tank and tool box it is A-OK.

BE VERY AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.

I have heard huge horror stories of Frankentops destroyed by fork lift forks from Fontana.

In a nutshell they do NOT have the proper tools and they are trying to get by. It is not
Peters direct fault, he needs HELP, another helper w/ wood blocks and training and and and .

My truck was WADDED UP too. makes me VERY mad. I hope IRONPLANET.com who has the wheeled assets
auction next year do better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks