• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone with cargo on Arrow Truck Lines?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If so, you may have a problem. They are a nationwide flatbed carrier out of Tulsa. They just shut down operations and told the drivers to walk away from the trucks where they stood. Bounced paychecks, deactivated fuel cards, the worst thing to do to loyal employees. There is a support group on Facebook to help the drivers get home.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW

id drop the trailer and head to the house till i ran out of fuel, leave the truck on the side of the road

Last edited:
We heard about this last night on the radio. Approx 1,400 drivers out of jobs for Arrow. They told the drivers to take their trucks to Daimler dealerships and to get a bus back home. Stinks it had to happen this time of the year for the employees. I'm hoping the drivers knew it was coming to some extent.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW

id drop the trailer and head to the house till i ran out of fuel, leave the truck on the side of the road
:ditto:

I take the truck as far as it would get me. Might even sell the tires, chains, or something off of the trailer for fuel money to get home.

If you did have a load on one of their trucks you're more than likely screwed. When the trucks and trailers get abandoned they will more than likely be looted (that's if you can find it). At the very least you'll have to pay somebody to recover it and pay trucking again to get it to you.

I normally don't pick up hitchhikers but I do do a small amount of trucking and would be more than happy to give one of these guys a ride if it helped them get home for Christmas.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That hurts me to the heart!!!

I only have 22 employees but I would never put even one of them in that position.

The boys and girls at the top of Arrow Trucking had to know this was happening and rode it out to get that last dollar and that just really pisses me off:-x

I'm afraid this is what we have come to expect though...greed at the highest level...doesn't matter if it's a trucking company, a bank, an auto manufacturer...or any other enterprize.

I hope if I ever get greedy and forget those who have helped me get where I am that God will just terminate my contract before I can harm those folks.

Last edited:

Blood_of_Tyrants

The news I read was that the drivers were all instructed to take their trucks to the nearest dealership (if they could make it, I guess) and leave them there. The dealer would buy them a bus ticket home. It's a crappy thing to do to your employees.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I hope someone trys some crap like that on me...

"I don't know what happened after I left the truck. If someone put a lit road flare in that thing, too bad! Wish I could have seen it burn!"

kfdk14

This is all over news here. they owe alot of people alot of money. Wrecker cos are bringing in trucks right and left. Alot of cos have stepped in and offered jobs and other support to the drivers.

Rene M

That hurts me to the heart!!!

I only have 22 employees but I would never put even one of them in that position.

The boys and girls at the top of Arrow Trucking had to know this was happening and rode it out to get that last dollar and that just really pisses me off:-x

I'm afraid this what we have come to expect though...greed at the highest level...doesn't matter if it's a trucking company, a bank, an auto manufacturer...or any other enterprize.

I hope if I ever get greedy and forget those who have helped me get where I am that God will just terminate my contract before I can harm those folks.
That my friend shows what you are made of. I have to say that we all wish there were more like you in this world.
I hope your contract goes on and on.. :)

On the arrow note: I am in the trucking industry and i had heard that they were going down for over a year now. So, There was a fair bit of warning out there. It does not help these poor people though.

If you are in position of company equip i would move the equipment and load to a safe place and leave it there till i was paid by some one.. :x

Crash_AF

The banks are repoing trucks right out from under drivers. One driver went in to take a shower and came out to find his truck gone.

The instructions were to take the trucks to the dealerships and drop them off. They were told that bus fare would be arranged, but it wasn't. Daimler and Navistar have stepped in and stated that they would pay the bus fare back, haven't heard if Paclease has made the same deal for the KWs though.

There is a Facebook group up to help stranded drivers. Search for Arrow Trucking and make sure you select 'groups' on the results page. Several drivers have contacted the brokers and owners of the freight and have been paid at least fuel and in some cases help going home.

As of right now, the company's insurance is still valid so the driver can legally operate the truck, but who knows how much longer that'll last.

If anyone wants to help out, they could go to the nearest truck stop and see if there are any stranded drivers there. There is a story of a 50+ year old driver stranded in AZ because he put $400 of fuel in his truck and the card didn't work so TA won't let him leave and he has no money because his last paycheck bounced.

Such a sad, sorry story to hear about this close to Christmas.

Later,
Joe

kc5mzd

I drive a truck, I own it. Things are that slow right now. I am home now because all the freight I have got recently has paid less than the cost of fuel to haul it. The major carriers seem to be competing with themselves because they keep booking freight for less than they can haul it for. The trucking industry was supposed to be one of the recession proof industries. You know its bad when they start to go under. We will always need food and clothes and somebody has to bring it. Now we can't afford the fuel it takes to get it down the road. "I am just glad I am still employed while I sit here at home with no work".

Harold43512

My CEO thinks that things will start to improve for trucking in the middle of next year. There has been way too much capacity for rates to stay up where they should be. I only worked two days this week due to the holidays, so I can't complain about being home since they paid for two nights in a Holiday Inn the weekend before.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a story of a 50+ year old driver stranded in AZ because he put $400 of fuel in his truck and the card didn't work so TA won't let him leave and he has no money because his last paycheck bounced.
Any idea where specifically?
---
Nevermind, found it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks