• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anything for a WWII veteran

rtjraleigh

Banned
I had the honor of transporting two WWII and a Korean War Veteran this past saturday at the Blooming Festival Parade in Nashville NC. It was a last minute event that ended up being a 100 mile round trip. As we are losing so many of these heroes it was worth every mile and one of the proudest things i have done in a while.

-The oldest Marine is Wiley Joyner, A Pearl Harbour Survivor and a veteran of Okinowa. (single photo)
-James Beradi landed at Iwo Jima. (far left)
-Peter Tapia is a Korean War Veteran fighting with the Marines who landed at Pusan(far right)

Semper Fi my fellow Marines, Rob

Attachments

dittle

Cool, I'm scheduled to haul a bunch of vets here on Memorial Day and then a bunch for my hometowns sequicentinnial in August. They're having a salute to patriotism weekend as one of the festivities and I couldn't pass up taking the deuce to my hometown.

Wolf.Dose

These guys are worth the miles, no matter on which side they fought. I have this experiance from the beaches of Normandie. They did all their very best for their country!
Keep them in memory!
Wolf

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thank you for that RTJ...they appreciate any recognition they get...but ask for none.

You're correct...these Veterans are leaving us at an alarming rate...it's just that time.

Lord I just pray there is not ever another "world war"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks