• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anything special about bleeding rear breaks ?

Tino160

Hi, I just finished replacing rear calipers on my M998. Bled like a normal vehicle (rear passenger/rear driver/front passenger/front driver) can’t get a good pedal till the 3rd or 4th pump. And emergency break only grabs slightly even fully adjusted at the handle. Checked for the obvious, no leaks and breaks worked fine before. (Only replaced rear calipers because parking break seals were bad)
Do I need to manually rotate out the rear caliper pistons to take up the slop (pads have about a 1/16” play). All the ones I have dealt with automatically adjust but never dealt with one with a integrated mechanical parking brake. Thanks in advance.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It look a couple of pumps/drives when I replaced the rear brakes for the pads to hold. Remember to adjust the parking break, that seemed to help in my case.