• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aother Brake light question

roach57

ok all light work great on the duece except the brake lights. When i jumper the 2 prong plug on the booster i get one light to light up. I have read a few forums about it and know about the upgrade kit from saturn.

But are there any places that carry the original style switch? I know i could adapt a newer one and just hook up the wires but i just kinda wanted to screw another original one in if they are available.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am sure Memphis Equipment has them.

acetomatoco

If only one light illuminates, the second must have a bad ground or a bad bulb or a bad connection.. Remember that the early deuces only had one brake light and the updates changed the harness to include a separate bo brake light on the right prior to the use of the composites... so if you have an old updated truck, the extra wire to the right rear may have a problem... ACE

CGarbee

I agree with ACE about checkin the wiring first, but if you do decide that you need a new, old style, brake light switch, Saturn Surplus has (had) them last time I checked... They had both the old and new style in stock for about the same money.

Good luck.

roach57

Found exact fit almost for the brake light switch, Napa Part # SL134

didn't even have to change any of the wiring, it plugs right in, just doesn't have the extra boot on the switch part of it. It is supposed to be the heavy duty switch so we shall see how long it works, can't comlain too much for only $9

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks