• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels 932a2 flatbed work/plow truck

gvschafer

Great looking setup! I have a 11' ex-state plow I have been thinking about mounting up on the 925a2 (Its a liitle too much for the Deere 410E BH I have it setup on now). Wondering how you are handling the hydraulics? I have not yet done enough research to know if the winch pump / pto can be run continuosly and while the vehicle is being driven. Any imput that would save me time would be appreciated!

gvschafer

Let us know how the 24v pump works out. I may go that way as well

Does anyone know if the winch pto/ hyd pump on the allison can be used for long periods / while truck is being driven? Without looking into it further i would assue it would be like the pto's used on the eaton transmission in over the road dumps ect and would only be designed to be used short term while parked or at low speeds

rivercreek

Love the truck! If you have any, i'd be very interested to see photos of the bracketry you used to mount bars to the axle. I recently bought an M923 and will be putting a plow on it this spring. I fabricated a rack for a 10' plow on my deuce a couple years ago and went back and up to the frame with my bars, and it works great - but straight back to the axle would be a WHOLE lot easier. Any close up pictures you've got would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the post.

justin572

Did you ever get some pics of the mount to the axle? Does it pivot somewhere to allow the axle to travel?

I'm looking at buying a 929a2 to put a plow on it. I see alot of mounts on deuces with varying degrees of success, but not too many on this truck. It's pretty busy around the drivers side frame rail and looks like it is going to be hard to get the mount back far enough on the frame to handle the 12' municipal plow I have for it.