• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appel's bobbed deuce/almost done

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Here is sone more pics of the duece. Got the bed on today. All I need now is the wheels that are on back order.....guess I will prep it for paint while waiting. Not quite sure whether I did the right thing by putting the trailer frame under the bed......itI looks a little high. Some guys such as C+C Equipment did not use a subframe. Not real sure what the difference would be.

Wheels finally came in yesterday, mounted tires on the wheels and flipped the hubs, and mounted them on the truck. They look awesome.....got done late and did'nt even get time to test drive. Painting next project.

Attachments

Last edited:

dm22630

So did you basically cut the tongue off of the trailer, remove the axles/wiring, and mount it on the deuce?

It will look great with the bigger tires! What color scheme are you going with? Green, tan or camo?

wdwjr

Cool looking rig John it does look great you did a wonderful job!!!! If you need any help i'm just 10 minutes away. Have not started on the cab yet still figureing out what i'm going to do!
David

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Daniel, yes I just cut the tongue off and stripped the frame down from a 105 trailer. Green , maybe camo.

jmh4x4

I had the pleasure to see John's bobbed duece to a drive by of my house on saturday. One nice looking truck, sounds good too. He did have my neighbors talking between mine in the driveway and him doing a driveby they were wondering if the war over the mason dixon line started up.:twisted:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I put the tires and wheels on today, after flipping the hubs. I will test drive her tommorow.Looks good.I added some new pics on page 1.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm grooving on the tailgate mounted lights! (Unless I'm just hammered right now and am seeing reflectors as lights.... but I ain't driving!!!!"

Last edited: