• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

April 2016 MV of the Month Nominations

Assel

Can I nominate my CUCV M1009 ? its not fully original, Rear Bench is out and a sheet metal wall was welded in, also the rear windows in the hardtop are gone & replaced with sheet metal. Plus I have a "emergency seat" between the 2 front bucket seats (for taxe reasons it was welded into a true pickup with hardtop, which means not more than 3 seats & 2 doors allowed...). Paint was a rattle can job when I bought it and so I repainted it another way with my own rattlecancamo :D (I plan on going back to NATO pattern someday) engine/tranny etc. are all original, Starter is 24V. see my "members rides" post for info on what I did to keep it running... Oh and the brushguard will be re-attached soon, was displaced for inspection since that thing is highly illegal in germany! ..but in fact when you say its original no LEO will give you a ticket but the inspections people are a way more complicated sometimes.

DSC_0674.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
My 1984 M923 doing towing duty

image.jpg

Here is my M923 pulling a car out during the last snow storm. Didn't even need to use any throttle to yank him out. Have a cargo cover now.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK, today most folks should have a few minutes to snap a pic of their favorite MV and nominate/post it.:-D To not do so is just un-American I tell ya!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Goodness gracious and great balls of fire!! A beautiful Sunday went by without a single nomination??:shock:

Oh...I get it...You were all working on them/ cleaning them up so you could take pics today.:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK....either a couple of you folks are editing your original post with your initial nomination and adding pics...or I'm crazy. (Don't answer that)

PLEASE go to the top of the thread (my 1st post) and read Rule # 2. You can only post ONE (1) pic in this nomination thread.

Multiple pics makes it hard to line up the vehicles for the poll/vote thread and causes unnecessary PMing/moderation.

I ask that you all check your post for your nomination and edit out ALL the pics except the ONE you want to represent your vehicle in the vote/poll thread.

You can post all the pics ya want and campaign to your heart's content once the vote/poll thread is opened by the ADMIN....

BUT YOU CAN'T DO IT HERE!!

Come on folks...a little consideration and cooperation here....PLEASE?????????