• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aqua Chem WTA-060 Water purification trailer

Ray70

Hello Everyone,
A friend and I recently picked up an Aqua Chem water purification unit from GP.
Basically it was bought for the 806B generator mounted on it, and for the storage container the water system is mounted in. I was wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions on places to advertise the pumps, filters and everything else that came with the unit?
Water equipment is not something I'm very familiar with, so I'm asking for ideas on where best to advertise this type of equipment.
This is not a classified ad... I'm asking for suggestions on where to place an ad, other than in the classifieds here, Craigslist and Ebay.
The unit has several tanks, pumps, heaters,chemical mixers, suction and discharge hose, a 3000gl collapsible water tank, a large reverse osmosis filter system and in front there is a skid mounted 60hp TEFC motor driving an FMC Bean 1000psi piston pump ( presumably to feed the reverse osmosis system.
I think there is probably a lot of value left in this equipment, if I could get it in front of the right audience. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you, Ray.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ray, put a NSN and Model number in here. Picture is nice too. Then people really know what you are talking about. We can look at the manuals.

There was, when I still worked as a contractor for the Army, a big market for such equipment. WATEC was one company who seemed, at that time anyway, to be very large in the field. They did business all over the world. They are someplace on the east coast, Carolinas? Can't remember. We bought all the parts we needed ASAP from them. They refurbish and sell that kind of thing. Look them up.

Ray70

wta-060.jpg
Thanks for the info Guyfang! looks like the NSN# is 4610-01-219-8707
I found a place called WATEC Water in WA, not sure if that is the same place, but I'll give them a try if I can't find anything here on the east coast.

Guyfang

Staff member
We did a general overhaul of 8 of these things during 2010 I think. WATEC buys, sells, rents and will operate them for the right price. They also send out Contact Teams to repair them. Should be a good place to at least get started.

Ray70

Thank you. I sent a message to the WATEC Water I found in WA asking if they have any interest or information on anyone who might be interested in the unit or its components.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of 2 cow truck washouts that use the exact same motor and 3 piston pump that I have on my little ROWPU, and the oil field uses the same type of pump and motors on alot of the mud mixers, dont know if its exactly the same.

Screenshot_20.jpg

Ray70

I've got another question that I'm wondering if Guyfang or anyone could help with.
While stripping out this water purification system, I removed a 120V A/C to 24 VDC ( actually 26.4V ) power supply that ran 2 small diesel fueled space heaters mounted to the wall inside the container.
It looks like the power supply has been painted and I see no indication of any stickers or other rating markings anywhere on it.
The power supply is about 16" x 12" x 9" and weighs a good 80 pounds or so... my question is, does anyone out there have one of these aqua chem trailers with a label on their power supply, or does anyone have an idea of approximately how many watts or amps this PS puts out?

Or, does anyone have access to the TM or operators manual for these water treatment systems?

I'm looking to advertise it for sale, but would need an idea of its output capacity.
As always, I appreciate anyone's help.

Attachments

Ray70

Can't believe I didn't try that... Sometimes I overlook the obvious I guess.. Found the TM, interesting stuff! It doesn't say much about that PS other than how to remove it, but I'll keep searching.
Thank you...

Ray70

Hi Guyfang, I found a few numbers but a quick Google search didn't turn up any real specifications for me.
I have NSN 6130-01-346-4736 PN 13229E1176 Power supply made by Cecom Lr Center
Also found SP043000MGC62MODF0001 , if that means anything?

Guyfang

Staff member
Army Price is: $5,686.00

CECOM is not a company, it's a Command. The Communications and Electronic Command. They are responsible for the development, design, procurement, documentation and repair of many things. Like ROWPU, and power generation being a small part of it.

And that's about all I can find. I will dig a bit deeper. If I find anything of interest, will post it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks