• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aquiring SF-97 form

Ak Dave

Any one out there experienced in directly getting a SF-97 form from the goverment on a vehicle purchased thru Iron Planet/GOV planet? I am exploring a soloution to getting my SF-97 form for the Globe trailer I purchased that would go around the stonewalling, delay and fee charging tactics that Iron Planet employes as a matter of policy. This info would be valuble to a lot of us that are being denied access to the purchases we make thru these scammers.

fasttruck

Remember the SF97 is generated from the same place (Battle Creek) that does EUCs. I got one for a M871 5 weeks after the date of sale and no EUC was involved. Fortunately the SF97 has the same VIN # as the trailer which means they sent the correct trailer that I bid on. However, all the documents generated after the sale had a different VIN, the release, confirmation of sale, etc. This required some hasty e-mails with GP's customer service people to insure that the document sent has the correct numbers on it. When bidding, make a note of the item number and VIN before the sale and then check to make sure all post sale documents have the same numbers.

Ak Dave

This has been brought up before.

Thee short answer is no, the government won't accept a request directly from you.
Thow I respect your answer I will make an attempt to at least contact the DLA and explain the circumstances that I am currently dealing with Iron/Gov planet.I do have my bill of sale and at least see if any paperwork is on record as submitted to them from Iron/Gov planet. I suspect that they havent even submitted anything to DLA yet. It is now over two full months since I purchased this trailer and still nothing.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If and when you get a SF97 double check all the numbers before you go to your DMV. They had the wrong tare weight on my trailer but they did correct it when I sent it back to Texas.

MAdams

I don't agree that "it just takes time" because I've filed three different small claims law suits against GP and then magically my SF-97 appeared within days.

Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thow I respect your answer I will make an attempt to at least contact the DLA and explain the circumstances that I am currently dealing with Iron/Gov planet.I do have my bill of sale and at least see if any paperwork is on record as submitted to them from Iron/Gov planet. I suspect that they havent even submitted anything to DLA yet. It is now over two full months since I purchased this trailer and still nothing.

Consider-

Your name doesn't appear anywhere on the SF97. The SF97 transfers ownership from the fedgov to GP. GP then fills out a reassignment letter transferring the vehicle to you.

In contacting DLA directly, what you're saying in essence is "I bought your vehicle from GP. They're dragging their feet on the paperwork. Why don't you just skip them and provide the paperwork to transfer it directly to me instead?"

This won't happen for several reasons:

1) There's no incentive for the DLA to do so.

2) It would be a breach of the contract between DLA and GP.

3) It would be a violation of federal law (skipping title).

4) It has been attempted by many people who have gotten impatient waiting on GP to fill their obligations. Not one has been successful.

It's just barely possible that you'll get an answer from DLA on the status of your SF97. Most likely answer is "we have not seen the request". Second most likely answer is "we sent that to GP weeks ago." More probably you'll get "this is between you and GP."

MAdams' experiences are extremely instructive.

I had one that took 14 months to get paperwork from GP.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If and when you get a SF97 double check all the numbers before you go to your DMV. They had the wrong tare weight on my trailer but they did correct it when I sent it back to Texas.
They can get more than just the tare weight wrong.

The most recent XM818 that I transferred was listed as a gasoline powered sport utility vehicle.

GP has typoed the serial number on more than one vehicle I've gotten from them (transposed digits or omitted digits).

They seem to run about a 20% error rate judging from what I've seen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks