• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic Heater Kits

hot rod deuce

well i wanted one kit to retrofit the crew cab and an extra air heater for the cargo area like the winter box kit thingy. then i got thinking that they would be perfect for our excavators and dozers. A water heater kit for our new Kenworth Lowboy tractor was 3K factory installed so you do the math. Also all cat machinery is 24 volt so they are almost pefect

He had one left but i couldnt get it, it was spoken for.

I had to go to a guys house i met at We-Fest to take all of them out of the crates because some guy at customs said i had too many or some thing

mangus580

Good deal...

I think Bjorn was maybe intrested in the water heater.... ;-)

The grill covers, hood insulation, etc... I am sure you can sell for a good price on ebay.

SsjSned

t-stat crossover & artic kit

Can a artic kit install on a 6.5 serpentine drive setup with a single or double t-stat crossover housing without any hiccups? The cucv artic kit comes with a special crossover housing for the 6.2 v-belt setup with a port on top for a hose that connects to the heater. If you upgraded to a serpentine setup i heard the 6.2 tstat outlet would interfere with the tensioner location. Does any one know if this is true? If it is, would either of the newer crossovers have a location for this hose to connect? Maybe a newer crossover could be drilled and taped to connect the hose. Ive thought of upgrading to serpentine with dual alternater brakets to keep it 12/24 but id want to incorporate the artic kit in the accessory setup too.

SsjSned

the kits still not installed also im short the dash braket that the controls mount to. If i ever figure how to fix the issue with a serpentine/artic upgrade ill post the part numbers.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ssjsned. I think the newer dual tstat thermo housing is what you'll need. The hose comes off tward the rear and higher to clear the serp belt. But i think you are prolly going to have a problem with it hitting the orignal air filter housing.

SsjSned

Im gonna try using the original artic kit water crossover with this: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PRS-1053&autoview=sku (damn expensive part). I think this tstat water outlet should clear the belts (hopefully). Id probly have to find or make a custom upper radiator hose for it. If that dosnt work ill have to use the newer single or double crossover. I think ive heard that the throttle bracket is in the way of the newer crossover too and would have to be modified to work. Well thats the plan anyhow. Oh just wonderin if its only me but it looks like there isnt a on/off duty lightbulb next to your name Ken? Looks like your status is missing too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks