• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are 16.5” rubbers really that bad?

DatGuyC

They look good.

Why would you expect to get into the low 30s for mpg?

I would anticipate your mpg to be essentially unchanged. Any gains in gearing and reduction in unsprung weight will be more than offset by aerodynamics and rolling resistance.

Speculation on my part, informed by experiences with other motor vehicles and bicycles. Post up your results and let's learn from them....

And be sure to post pics once you have them mounted.
Only way a hmmwv is getting 30mpg is maybe idling on the trailer as it is being towed down the highway. Some folks don't have a clue. The increase in size basically negates the weight factor. More power needed to turn em over and to keep em at a speed to maintain is less mpg. Case in point. 395 XZLs with runflats on lmtv wheels vs 16.00s with no runflats on an lmtv wheel. Mpg was almost 2 less with the 1600s. Sorry. You bought pretty tires and wheels to get the same fuel mileage or if not worse on an already non fuel efficient 1980s technology diesel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure that was a joke guys........

They look good but are those the non-DOT Baja T/A KR2's? I don't think those are able to be legally used on the highway.

Last edited:

Skrilex

Banned
It was a joke guys. Cmon. I know it’s early, but coffee is a real help.

actually it will get easily in the 30’s but it’s using a special fuel, liquid arrogance, which is quite expensive. On diesel I’m expecting around 16mpg.

okay I’m still working on that one. Needs work.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks