• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are all deuces 12 volts?

fabiodriven

I was thinkin about my newly acquired deuce, specifically lights and stuff, and I could've sworn they were 24 volts. I checked my auction and sure enough, my truck is 12 volts, which is fine by me. I checked a few others, and it looks like most of 'em are 12 volts. Am I missing soemthing here? I thought they were mostly 24 volts, no?

dm22630

It takes heavy duty truck batteries (I buy replacements at walmart). They are two 12 volt batteries in sequence making 24 volts.

If the batteries are dead, most likely the GL location can and will jump the truck for you. When you leave, do NOT turn the truck off until you get home (or it will not restart). Then pull the batteries & charge them one at a time on a standard 12 volt charger.

fabiodriven

OK, I must be missing something. I can't seem to find the manual for the M-35. Are those manuals in any kind of order? Also, I tried to log in and it wouldn't let me. Do I need to log in?

steelandcanvas

You're looking for TM 9-2320-361. -10 is operator manual. The other manuals are good for you to read also. You should already be logged in from this page, that was the old site.

Last edited:

wiggall

It takes heavy duty truck batteries (I buy replacements at walmart). They are two 12 volt batteries in sequence making 24 volts.

If the batteries are dead, most likely the GL location can and will jump the truck for you. When you leave, do NOT turn the truck off until you get home (or it will not restart). Then pull the batteries & charge them one at a time on a standard 12 volt charger.
That is the mistake that I did. I turned it off after three hours of running, and it took me three hours to get it going again! Wiggles