• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are Deuces really THAT reliable? (repost due to wrong forum)

ichudov

I was just wondering, if the hype about how reliable the Deuces are, is really warranted or not. I am not talking about abusing them, like driving in waist deep mud. I was thinking more about general use. Like, go to point A, pick up a bunch of hay, go to point B and unload hay, repeat. Do they, in fact, break down often?

i

DMaddox

IMO, a deuce is only as reliable as "you the owner operator" can make it. One thing you have to remember is that we have no way of knowing what our trucks went through in their former life.. Most of these trucks are 30 years old thats a lot of age for rubber hoses, brake lines, o-rings, seals, exc. When you get your truck go ahead and replace the belts, all the radiator hoses,, break lines,, rebuild that all so important air pack!! Brake pads and fuel supply lines, u-joints, Once you do that you will have peace of mind when you fire up that truck and head out for a wonderful joy ride..2cents:driver:

Clay James

A deuce reliability will depend on the PMCS preformed on it.
:ditto: This is the key to reliability. My buddy and I were offroading and he had never changed his filters and they got all gunked up and it broke down on the way back. I changed my filters and cleaned up the canisters before I started it for the first time and mine still ran and I gave him a tow with it :)

Tankjeepman

We ran the heck out of ours and they did not always get the PM they were suppose to and rarely quite working. With reasonable care they will run and run and run.

emr

these are tactical vehicles , not daily drivers, but they sure could be, read the bazzilion threads on there maintenance first, they are one of the longest production run and reliable vehicles ever made, it stands obvious because of how many are running in hobby hands and armies around the world, my first suggestion for allot of use is... tighten all nuts and bolts , this is a major task, i mean all, everywhere, inside and out , at least once, then u should be able to understand what ones will require a wrench every so many miles, like the most important is the jack shaft and rest of the drive train, your question is allot bigger than u might think, there is enough reading on this site to answer all of your questions and your vehicle will be awesome for it, oh and grease is allot cheaper than replacing parts, grease her everywhere all the time, just incase someone thinks hey, they told me it was reliable and i lost my brakes, the drive shaft fell out, and the motor ran backwards when i rolled down a hill backwards in first , and then ran away and blew a hole in her side,and i left her in first gear because my park brake does not work and she got bumped and drove away by herself... well that is all driver/owner error :) do not blame the truck, ...good luck.....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks