• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are m939a2 front wheels supposed to be perfectly vertical?

captain

Are the front wheels/tires of a 939a2 supposed to be perfectly vertical? I have noticed on mine that the tops of both front tires are leaning out. I'm not sure if this is normal, an effect of the driveway being crushed under the weight of the truck or a sign of something failing.

Thanks.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you describe, positive camber, is there to reduce steering effort and is preferred in vehicles designed for offroad use. My M923 also has this. Tractors are another example that have negative camber for this reason. Powersteering makes this a slight moot point but it can still save wear on the steering system with large aggressive tires. Slightly negative camber is preferred in on-road vehicles for better cornering.

Excessive toe-in actually can cause a "false" positive camber. The tire folds under slightly imitating positive camber. A vehicle with excessive toe-in will steer easier than a properly aligned vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks