• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are slave ports rebuildable

Crawdaddy

Are the 2-pin slave ports rebuildable? I need to replace the cables coming out of the back of the slave port with longer cables to reach now that I'm running non-stock batteries on my MEP-016b genset. I haven't pulled it out of its bracket yet, but was hoping someone knew off-hand.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some are and some are not.

You will need to look at what you have.

You could always connect at the end terminals and extend what you have.

Crawdaddy

Thanks for the info. I'll have to pull it out and see. It would be a shame to have to extend the cables since they only need another 6 inches max to get where I need them to be.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
2pin should be. I have DE-soldered original leads and put on new ones. Make sure you use PPE when you heat up and pull out the old cables, there is a lot of solder in there!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the pins press out of the rubber insert. (not easily) Ditto on gimp's warning, I remember using a propane torch to heat the pin.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, propane or mapp gas. Spray the housing with a ton of silicone spray lube and punch the pin out of the housing is the best way I have found.

Crazyguyla

I have the new cables soldered to the pins. I can't get the pins back into the rubber bushing? I had one almost all the way in, the other i can only manage halfway in.

Welder1

I find if you use silicon dielectric grease you can get things thru rubber much easier. It’s avalable at auto parts store. Try that and see if that works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks