• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the Ford cm 3461 shrader valve the only option for valve stem replacement for ctis

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was wondering was there other options for some spare valve stems for the ctis other than the 12 dollar a piece ford shrader valve ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Napa TWD TV400 at 2.99 ea.
I will be the first to say im wrong but i dont see how these would ever fit if you look close at your stem on your ctis the shaft is basically the same sise just differant thread count on the side going into the ctis harnass . Look up ford part # cm 3461 to see what im saying . These would stick out past the edge of rim if they did actually thread in ( too long)

MrMikey4026

I will be the first to say im wrong but i dont see how these would ever fit if you look close at your stem on your ctis the shaft is basically the same sise just differant thread count on the side going into the ctis harnass . Look up ford part # cm 3461 to see what im saying . These would stick out past the edge of rim if they did actually thread in ( too long)
I am probably wrong on the part number ( it has been a while) , but my NAPA guy found them for me, they were cheap.
I will ask him if he remembers the part number.

Ronmar

I have seen the TV 400 listed as a replacement for the MRAP wheel valve. I think the threaded base is 1/8 NPT...

As mentioned the port on the LMTV CTIS wheel valves I have are just about the size of the Schrader stem. I am thinking they are 1/16” NPT. That combination is not so common and the only place I have seen it is on the ford fuel rail test port fittings... I went manual CTIS and will probably remove mine and install 1/16 plugs(Available from jegs or summit), as they are susceptible to damage...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen the TV 400 listed as a replacement for the MRAP wheel valve. I think the threaded base is 1/8 NPT...

As mentioned the port on the LMTV CTIS wheel valves I have are just about the size of the Schrader stem. I am thinking they are 1/16” NPT. That combination is not so common and the only place I have seen it is on the ford fuel rail test port fittings... I went manual CTIS and will probably remove mine and install 1/16 plugs(Available from jegs or summit), as they are susceptible to damage...
You said you went manual ctis ? meaning the ctis controler with the pressure gage mounted in the face of the original controller with the push button on top? I was thinking of looking into 1 of those . If so do you know who on ss sales them? Thanks

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eaton manufactures the ctis piece on the wheels maybe they sale replacement valve stems I will try to contact them tomorrow to see if they can sort us out.

Last edited:

Ronmar

You said you went manual ctis ? meaning the ctis controler with the pressure gage mounted in the face of the original controller with the push button on top? I was thinking of looking into 1 of those . If so do you know who on ss sales them? Thanks
I don’t know of anyone making them, they are pretty simple to make yourself...

coachgeo

only one sold is Arduino based by a member here. The manual ones are as Ron made and others too seem to be pretty easy to make. There are threads on doing it in here. dont have the links in front of me. A search for < Manual CTIS > should bring them up.

IMHO though at the cost.. the Arduino is your best bet

coachgeo

this was just passed on as a part source on facebook for this item

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this was just passed on as a part source on facebook for this item

Bingo thats what i need . A half a dozen of those in the spare parts bin . Got em on the way thanks coach

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks