• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the governor linkage ends the same between 002/003 and 016B?

Crawdaddy

As the title implies, are the governor linkage ball ends on the 002/003 and 016B generators the same? I looked at the 24P for both lines of generators and the part numbers are different. However, the last 7 digits of the NSN are the same, leading me to believe it's the same part. Does anyone have confirmation that they're the same? One broke on my 016B and I'll most likely replace them all since they're decades-old plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnray13

For clarity, it would be helpful if you posted the part number you're referencing. If I understand you right you are talking about part #8 in the screen shot below from the 003 parts manual. I bought that part (governor ball joint end) for my 003, (NSN 2910-00-829-5701) BALL JOINT part #150-1358 (44940).
003 gov parts.JPG
After I bought the part, I realized it is a generic ball joint that I could have gotten at McMaster for about $3.50 http://www.mcmaster.com/#6058k41/=qmzdk5
6058k410l.gif
The McMaster part I linked to and the cut sheet is from memory so be sure to double check your thread sizes and part dimensions to be sure it is the same. The full list of ball joint rod ends is here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#ball-joint-rod-ends/=qmziyb

John

Last edited:

Jimc

john i think he is looking for the plastic end that snaps onto the injection pump. im not sure if they are the same as the 16b. for the op or anyone else that can confirm the specs on the 16b. the linkage end on the 003/002 is a 10/32 thread with a .310" ball

Crawdaddy

My apologies for not replying earlier;work was really busy today. The part I'm referring to is the plastic end that snaps onto the ball like Jim said. I don't need the ball part, just the plastic hook.

The ball end on the 016B is item 19, NSN 3040-01-049-0578

temp2.jpg

The part I'm referring to in the 003 is item 13, NSN 2990-01-049-0578

temp1.jpg

Gimpyrobb, I sent you a PM a couple minutes ago.

Jimc

are you able to measure the ball to confirm size? also if you can find a 10/32 machine screw to see if it threads into your broken plastic one. maybe you could also take a real closeup picture of your broken plastic piece and post it here.

Crawdaddy

I can now confirm that the plastic governor linkage ends on a MEP-016B are indeed identical to the ends on a MEP-002/003. Thanks again to Gimpyrobb for sending me a couple to test with.

Jimc

so part # 19 in the diagram is what part #? you listed the nsn. i dont have a parts manual for a 16b to look it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks