• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are the newer ball-joint style torque rod ends still available anywhere?

pitpawten

I've read the threads indicating that these are better, but it looks like torque rod ends are becoming rarer (even the stock ones) and cant find anyone selling the greaseable ones.

They still available (tried Big Mikes and Erik' s and both are sold out)?

Also, am I missing some simple solution out there, or are we getting to a place where we're going to be in trouble with the Deuces due to finite supply of a consumable?

yolner

I haven't seen them for sale in a while either. Going to need something because even the NOS ends have 1990s rubber in them. Eventually we're probably going to have to start taking old ends, removing the old rubber, and filling them with liquid urethane. That's a method I've seen people use online to make diy motor mounts.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I haven't seen them for sale in a while either. Going to need something because even the NOS ends have 1990s rubber in them. Eventually we're probably going to have to start taking old ends, removing the old rubber, and filling them with liquid urethane. That's a method I've seen people use online to make diy motor mounts.
Guessing that the 5-Ton will be having the same sort of problem soon...

I remember days gone by when we used a 50 ton press to punch out the old sleeve and rubber, then replace it with new "ends". Can't help but wonder if we could find just the end pieces.

Found SECO offering 12pc inserts (picture below)

Torque Rod Ends @ SECO M809 5-TON M939.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new style Ball joints are available for 5 tons but I do not recall seeing them for deuces recently. I do not think they are the same.

pitpawten

Spoke with Mike Virili from "Bike Miles Motorpool" today who confirmed:

Those ball joint ends for the 2.5 ton were discontinued a few years back. They were designed and sold by one company that I deal with, and I was told that they stopped having them made due to low sales. It seems the 5 ton version was more popular, and a lot of 2.5 ton folks were not hauling heavy enough to warrant the need for them.
That seems to leave open the possibility that if there were enough interest they may reproduce, even if a one off run.

rustystud

Spoke with Mike Virili from "Bike Miles Motorpool" today who confirmed:

That seems to leave open the possibility that if there were enough interest they may reproduce, even if a one off run.
Now that sucks ! I bought a complete set years ago and mounted them up, but I wanted to get some more for when mine wear out. Guess I just better make sure to really lube them well . Hopefully they will last my lifetime, then who cares !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks