• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there any paperback maintenance manuals?

a68cudas

Are there any paperback CUCV maintenance manuals around? Been looking to purchase one and cant find any for sale anywhere. Are they that scarce? I have all the pdf manuals but would like to have the good old paperback

CDN-CUCV

When I bought my truck, the guy said he has one for me but he has to dig it out. I should refresh his memory, I like to have it. I have the paperback owners manual but the repair manual would be nice.

Thanks for the reminder btw.:wink:

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
found the -20 manual (paper version) on ebay last fall, $60.00, have to keep your eyes open, have seen them bring even higher $$s than that.

bikeboy

I went to the local National Guard armory, they had all but the -10 manuals, they were happy to give them to me just to get rid of them, offered to buy them, they said no thanks, and gave them to me for free. :driver: Maybe worth a try for you too.

OL AG '89

paperback TM's

Have you asked the local kinko's or printing joint what they would charge to take the downloadable ones and print them for you? It's not original but it's a hard copy you could carry with... I would think maybe the -10 and -20 - 20P in the vehicle, with the others back at the CP... I did print the L.O. and have that in the truck. I take to get the fluids checked...... It's a great recruiting tool at the local Jiffy Lube.......
I downloaded and have them on a memory stick I keep in my CUCV...... if I have a problem and someone has a p.c., Problem solved..... or at least diagnosed...

just a thought

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I printed all of my TMs, CUCV, M35, gensets, & trailers, and keep them in three ring binders. This way if I ruin a page while working on a vehicle I can just reprint it and place in the binder. I also keep the pdfs on my laptop computer.

HAWKMAN

I've got: TM-9-2320-289-20P Organizational Maintenance and Repair Parts/ special tools &
TM- 9-2320 289-34 Direct support and General Support Maintenance Manuals
available in new/unused condition and can do both shipped to you for $105.00 shipped USPS book rate.PM mme if interested. Thanks

Keith_J

The pdf versions are identical and hyperlinked. Yes, it can be a bear but just print the sections you need. Once done, insert into a binder.

You realize most -20 and greater were ring bound because it was cheaper to revise. All units issued TMs would get updates with a page or two of instructions (remove pages x-y and replace with these pages).

And I had revised manuals many times after the publications NCO would hand me a stack. Never a shortage of things to do in the Army.

Keith_J

About $40. Forget lamination, that would be about $500. Just get sheet protectors for the sections you are using. 3 ring binders, for the win.:grd:

a68cudas

I've got: TM-9-2320-289-20P Organizational Maintenance and Repair Parts/ special tools &
TM- 9-2320 289-34 Direct support and General Support Maintenance Manuals
available in new/unused condition and can do both shipped to you for $105.00 shipped USPS book rate.PM mme if interested. Thanks

Sent you a PM

kassim503

I went to the local National Guard armory, they had all but the -10 manuals, they were happy to give them to me just to get rid of them, offered to buy them, they said no thanks, and gave them to me for free. :driver: Maybe worth a try for you too.
Where did you go? I want to bother them for some manuals too!

Btw im in Binghamton too

Last edited: