• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

are there any pintle hitch trailers that can hold 15.5 tons

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't think of any military trailers like that.

flyxpl

What does the bulldozer weight ?

Oops I just saw the 15.5 ton req. at the end of the thread tittle

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I agree , get a tag along equipment trailer and paint it to macth MV's , stencil it, and you would be fine. Just make sure the MV your using can hold a 15.5 ton Dozer and the weight of the trailer. Im looking to buy a 53' IH SeaBee dozer I found for my trailer. - Jay

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ft. Campbell had some long pintle ammo trailers awhile back. I don't know what the cap was but from looking at it, it would more than haul 15.5 tons. I can't remember the "M" number.

That kind of weight is a whole lot for a pintle hitch trailer. I know you see civilain trucks do it all the time but IMO that kind of weight is better suited on a 5th wheel trailer.

flyxpl

A gooseneck trailer would put the tongue weight over the axles better , but if your truck can take the weight a pintle eye will take it . I put a pintle eye on my trailer that is rated at 15000 vertical load , 60000 load . I put one on this trailer . It will be army green this spring . This is a 20000 pound trailer , with an extra axle it would do what you want .

Attachments

L999here

...on ebay..

Check the trailers on ebay. I've been looking for a 10-12 ton trailer myself for my half track (20K lbs.). Got the 25-ton M172A1....but have to get 'wide-load' permits to use it every time. Great for the FV432 APC...but over-kill for the half track. So a pintle-type 10-12 ton would be a better choice. The military used civilian trailers as a local purchase item...Wisconsin Trailer Co. was one of the mgf's....and they come up for sale thru GL often. I'm still looking...LOL....

Alredneck

Banned
Pulling 15tons off the back bumper is a whole other animal than off a 5th wheel. Hope stuff is setup correctly. I would agree it would easier to find a civy equipment trailer than a .mil one for what your doing and the weight. Heck civilian you can have hyd/tilt options which cost money but way cool and make self loading different equipment a lot easier. I do recommend a good winch on all trailers that see regular heavy duty use!

flyxpl

That's a civilian "tag-a-long" trailer. They sell for $6000 brand new all day long up here.
I would guess much more than $6000 with the tandem axle tandem tire setup 10,000 pounds each axle . I do not think you could get one for less than $ 8-9000 new . It cost $1000 just to put new tires on it .This trailer was a 20,000 GVWR gooseneck that I turned into a tag trailer . 1995 Donahue trailer

Attachments

flyxpl

Pretty good deal but awfull short at 20 ft . Also narrow at 8 ft also . At 102 wide my deuce fits edge to edge . You think you could find me a 30 ft a little bit closer . By the time I get that back from CA I will have about 10,000 in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks