• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are there M35A2's around that were repowered with M35A3 drivetrain.

290smallcam

The air compressor on a cat3126 is large. I don't know if it hit the steering box? But if the air compressor on a A3 doesn't hit, then I think it'll fit. Not sure if the 3116 and 3126 use the same air compressor? If so do a HF54 conversion, it's smaller than the stock box!

tobyS

The air compressor on a cat3126 is large. I don't know if it hit the steering box? But if the air compressor on a A3 doesn't hit, then I think it'll fit. Not sure if the 3116 and 3126 use the same air compressor? If so do a HF54 conversion, it's smaller than the stock box!
Would it help to look at an A3 with the 3116....year 97 and toward the end.

I'll pay for some help changing the Allison. Have one 1545 rebuilt ready to go in.

What the deuce really needs is 590 gears. Then even the Allison 545 would work and avoid the 1545.

HDN

I would like to see an image of how close the 3116 compressor is to the steering box?
I forgot to take a picture or actually measure, but after looking in my A3's engine compartment recently, I think there's a little less than 1 foot between the top of the steering box and the bottom of the air compressor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks