• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are these tires any good

broman78

I came across these tires they aren't first quality but if you are on a budget you could get some 395's or 14.00 on the cheap. I want to know if they are any good? Some tires are strictly for off road use only the others I think could be used for on road use. Let me hear some of your thoughts about the tires.

Attachments

jblack6527

I think that's what 99.5 percent of all people on this forum use for their super single conversions. Old mil surplus tires. I've seen all those tread designs on different trucks over the time I've been here.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for serious sidewall checks, sidewall cracks from sitting flat, tread punctures from nails or spikes that may be concealed due to not being inflated. I would not bother buying tires that were less than 50% tread.

Westech

CPL
By the look of it I would not run 99% of them. When I do my tire pick up it takes me all day long to load a 35 foot goose neck trailer. I have to pick twenty tires to get one road ready one. Unless your a tire recyclers I would never take "lot" of tires. Now you have to pay to get rid of all the bad ones.

broman78

the tires are in New Boston, TX I'm not sure how much he wants for the 395's but I can find out tomorrow cause I will have him do a little work on my truck. I will keep you posted on the price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks