• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are they Katrina Trucks

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am sure this won't be treading on any toes since the pictures flash in front of me everytime I click here so here goes:

Lots of trucks showing up in the South East being auctioned at a code H, dollar value $1,000 and showing lots of rust. I would seriously look at them if I was retired and looking to work on them but do you think these are KATRINA TRUCKS?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sir - I seem to remember after the storm seeing some vehicles for auction that had a warning about mold and possible ecoli hazzards. I think they were GSA civilian type vehicles. At any rate i would not be overly concerned about the rust as our vehicles have the rust problem anyway here in the southeast.My partner in Mississippi had several of his civilian road tractors completely submerged and after changing all fluids, filters etc - they were just fine. (this was done within a week however)

chuck500cc

There are some at the GSA location near me. I asked the guy if they were flood trucks and he said yes. I have no problem with them. After seeing one up close there are a lot of useable parts. Just a short list would be, almost all the sheet metal, wheels, winch cables if not frayed, door handles, beds, ect. ect. They look like they would make great parts trucks. If you think you see one you can tell by the gauges, they don't like that much water. There were a couple on GL several months ago. GL did the right thing and listed them as flood damaged trucks.

Chuck XD Fan

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are from the LA area, they would be rust candidates no matter if they were flooded in Katrina, or just served 30 years in the service.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes the gauges will show if it flooded or not. emmado posted some pics of some and i dont think i want to even get any for a parts truck. there is only a small area that would have had flood trucks new orleans and miss gulf coast. so that could only be a few hundred i am thinking. Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks