• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas River Valley Fun Run 5 May

supertech

The Comfort INN is at exit 83. Closest for a decent meal is Mulans for Chinese within walking distance, Western Sizzlion at the junction of 64 and the truck route. Or at exit 81 there is Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel, Dixie Cafe.

ARYankee

I'm cool with whatever. It doesn't have to be within walking distance but it does have to have good food :) I'll be driving the 923 :) I just painted the wheels today black so now they all match. I'm hoping to have my bows and cargo cover on by the convoy if I get enough time this week to get it done.

ARYankee

Hey super, the south Arkansas guys are up for it. There will be 7 of them and 3 for me so we need some place that can accommodate a large group.

supertech

Here what I propose. Western Sizzlion said they can accomadate up to 20 people easily, but the do not have a banquet room just for our MV group. I spoke with the manager tonight. They have steaks or buffet, so everyone should be able to find something they like. I say 7:00 P.M. if that works for everyone and I will set it up. I have it set up for for 11 so far. If you would like to come join us let me know and I will up the chair count.

MWMULES are you going to attend. I am no trying to take it over, but this is yours. I am just trying to meet others. I'm new blood in this game.

ARYankee

I like it!!! Works for me. Me and my 2 sons will be there :) I let the other guys know as well. Awaiting a reply from them.

supertech

I'll set it up in the morning. I will be at the dinner. The run is still up in the air for me. I might have my son this weekend, if I do won't make the journey he almost 2. I can't get him to keep ear plugs in nor any type of hearing protection. Women are just plain azz crazy. I will no something closer to this weekend.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Found this in my email this morning, weird it was sent Tuesday???

Just in case you forgot, the 2012 River Valley Convoy is this Saturday, departing from Lake Dardanelle State Park in Russellville. The easiest route to the park is from the Hwy. 7 exit off of Hwy. 40, where the host hotels are located. Turn south on Hwy. 7 then take the very first right on to Lake Front Drive (also called Dyke Rd., and Hwy 326). Stay on this for about two miles and you will come to a stoplight at Hwy 64. Go straight through the light then take the first right onto Marina Road (this is still Hwy 326). Stay on that road for about 3 miles and you will come to the park on the right. Easy to get to. After you enter the park take the first turn to the right and you will see the large paved parking lot with deep parking spots, perfect for trailers, and a little further down on the right is the gravel parking area. The park has requested we use the gravel lot as our main parking area for POVs and trailers, and the paved lot as overflow if more space is needed. Please park with the front of your POV facing the outward edges of the lot, not parallel to the edges of the lot. This will maximize the available space and your POV won't block someone else that is trying to unload. Hopefully we can use the center area of the gravel lot to form up the vehicles before we depart. As of this update we have 45 vehicles signed up to go so it's going to get tight and we all need to be considerate and leave room for the other guy. Please look for Paul Harless or Steve Smith and ask where you should line up your vehicle. We would like everyone to be in line and ready to roll by 0830 hours. We will have a brief drivers meeting at the lead vehicle, a 1941 1/2 ton Dodge Command Car, at 0840 hours. At the drivers meeting a squad line-up list will be given to the squad leaders. A convoy schedule, and route map, will be handed out to each driver. We will depart the park at 0900 sharp.
At the morning departure, and at each of our stops along our route, listen for a single siren blast to signal a five minute warning before departure. At that time you should be in or on your way to your vehicle. At one minute before departure a double siren blast will be signaled. At that time all drivers and passengers should be in their vehicles with engines running, ready to roll. Parking is going to be tight at some of our stops. We request everyone to stay in line, following your squad leaders, as we will park the vehicles in straight lines by squads. If individuals get out of line and try to park on their own this could cause a major SNAFU and jam up the convoy. Please stay in line, in your squad, and follow all instructions given by your convoy leaders, squad leaders, and MPs. If you experience problems during the convoy, and have to pull over, please understand that we can not stop a convoy of this size easily. The MPs at the rear will stop and assist/assess your situation and report via radio to the convoy leaders. If a friend pulls over with a problem and you want to assist that is fine, but the bulk of the convoy needs to stay together and keep moving. If a brief repair is all you need, and we can find a safe place to stop the convoy, we will do so. Otherwise, use your schedule and route map to catch up to the convoy at the next scheduled stop.

At the drivers meeting, when you receive the printed convoy info, we will request a $3 donation from each adult convoy participant (16 years old and up). As discussed previously this money will be used for group donations at our Clarksville and Subiaco stops and to cover the park fees at the Cove Lake lunch stop. Please have three one dollar bills ready for each adult as making change may be difficult and having it all in singles will make it easy to divide. We also encourage anyone that wants to do so to make additional donations to Clarksville American Legion and Subiaco Academy while we are at their locations and using their facilities. We also just got word there will be fund raiser dinner, held later in the day at New Blaine Park, for an injured fireman. New Blaine Park will be our last stop on our way back to Russellville. We will be there to early for their fund raising event, but maybe we can all make a small donation for their cause. New Blaine is going to open their firehouse for us with restrooms which is right there at the park. Please make a donation to help the fireman if you can.

If the convoy stays on schedule we should arrive back at Lake Dardanelle Park at 1600 hours. We can stay as long as we like, visit, and enjoy the park. There has also been some discussion about meeting at one of the local restaurants that evening for dinner. So keep that in mind as a possible after convoy activity. Many of our out of town participants will be staying in Russellville that night anyway so let's join them for dinner if possible. Don't forget to pack a picnic lunch and water for each participant, carry an operational fire extinguisher on your vehicle, and a fresh first-aid kit is always a good idea. Let's have a fun run this Saturday and keep our fingers crossed for good weather. Keep an eye on the forecast and if rain is predicted, prepare accordingly.

ARYankee

Thank you MW. I never received any email and I even registered. I didn't even get an email saying that they know I'm registered. Oh well I'm going anyways so they better make some room :)

supertech

Western Sizlion

Western Sizzlion is at the corner of highway 64 east and highway 7 T. If you see Walgreen's is directly across the road. I have set up half of a room for fellow members it is reserved as the Military Fun Run, they are expecteing people at 7 P.M. Friday 5-4-12.

I will be there with my son to get to know a few folks. My name is Jamie 479-223-2355. Happy journey's to all and good luck.

I won't be attending the run due to babysitting issues, but I will be happy to help any out that might need it during the day. I will be trying to make it the start of the event Saturday to see the convoy in full force.

Be safe and careful.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thank you MW. I never received any email and I even registered. I didn't even get an email saying that they know I'm registered. Oh well I'm going anyways so they better make some room :)
ARYankee you can take my spot I am not going to make it, I was going to leave at noon, but I got GL'D I Had 4 lots I had to pu in OKC from GL yesterday. Got home late last night, went down to the barn this am to unload and found that a triwall of ECWS tent arctic flys were full of water. God knows how long they have been in their warehouse like. I need to spread them all out, kill the mildew that has started, dry them and repack. I got 68 so it is going to take awhile. He is a picture of the pallet after I unloaded.
If nothing else I will be down for the Petit Jean rally. I am bummed:evil:

Attachments

ARYankee

Well thank you MW but they had my name and info this morning. Good luck with getting all that srtaightened out. You missed out MW..... It was pretty fun. I want to say that it was great meeting you last night supertech!!! :) Sorry the both of you missed out on the convoy. Me and my 2 thugs had a great time!!! Here are some pictures.

Attachments

ARYankee

It was great. I think the final MV count was 45. At least that was a number that I had heard. One member was taking video so hopefully I can get my hands on that :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks