• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed Forces Day May 18, 2013 JBLM, Ft. Lewis

Amer-team

Hello Team, I have a registration in for this event. If you would like to go under my registration, you must register for the event, chime in here or send me a PM.

If you have current military ID or a Retiree card, I just need your name. If you do not have current mil. ID, I need First, Middle, Last, DOB, last 4 of SSec., and DL number. I have the form and this must be submitted no later than May 1, 2013. If you have to send the other info, please PM me, to try to keep some privacy on this.

I will be doing a WW1 display but will be lending the M38A1 to a Vietnam era female medic so she can do a bit of a Vietnam display.

We will be spread around but if you want, I will handle the paperwork. If someone else would like to do the paperwork, please contact MWR at JBLM and they will assist you. We need a rostor to submit for security and the day of the event, all must sign in and out on a form they provide. They will then eventually send a check to help a bit with fuel costs.

If you have any questions, put it in this thread or send a PM. There are several other groups going, so if you are going with one of them, we don't need to double up on registrations.

Thank you for your thoughts on this mission.
Peter L

scopionf89

This sounds like fun dose it take place on a week end? If not I might still be able to get my chain of command to let me participate they know how much I am into military trucks. Let me know what I have to do so I can bring my truck to the event. Fuel won't be a problem I live in lacey and every know and then I will drive my truck to work just for fun and to piss off my platoon leader.

Amer-team

Hello Scopion, It is on Saturday May 18, over in the area of Cowan Field. if you have current military ID, send me your name. If not, I will need FML, DOB, Last 4 SSN, and DL number. Please PM this so we can protect people's privacy. Thank you, Peter L.

Amer-team

Wanted to refresh this one. Tomorrow is the event. I had check in from Tracy, Ed P, Dan F. and Joshua T. Looks like 3 M35's, a Ural, and I am taking the GPW. The M38A1 isn't running right and I didn't have time to figure out what is wrong.

If you have questions, please call me this afternoon or evening. I am headed up there right now to go set some things up for tomorrow.

Event is 1000 to 1600. Please be on site no later than 0900. It will be busy and crowded and trying to put large trucks in areas with lots of people is not always the most fun task.

Questions? Call 360 870 0706 See you tomorrow. Peter

Last edited:

scopionf89

That's cool I kinda figured we would have a bunch of M35's they do seem to be the most common MV's. I will be at the lacy park and ride as instructed at 0730 to convoy out.

Amer-team

I told them you were coming. The plan is to roll out as soon as all are there.

Here are a couple of pics from today's set up. The large wall is a recent addition to the collection and this is the first time it is out for public view. Makes a nice jeep garage.

Attachments

Amer-team

See you then Mike. Be sure and check out the WW1 tent. Next year I will be focusing on WW2 for the 70th anniversary of D-Day Normandie and Bastogne, Batille des Ardenne.

Amer-team

Mission accomplished. Will get up some pictures hopefully tomorrow. Thanks to Tracy, Ed, Joshua for the turnout today. You guys really spruced up the place.

scopionf89

I love the new dozers they had. I can't weight for them to surplus them I want one and one of the new backhoes that will do 50mph+.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mission accomplished. Will get up some pictures hopefully tomorrow. Thanks to Tracy, Ed, Joshua for the turnout today. You guys really spruced up the place.
Thank you all for representing Brothers!!
If we weren't about 2500 miles away CAMO would have been honored to participate in your event. This just shows there are good troops from coast to coast!!

I was stationed at Ft Lewis 1976-1979, 2/1 Inf(RECONDO) 9th Inf Div....Yes...I know....that's all old school...and gone...LOL:papabear: but in the day...we were some bad ass MFers...at least in our minds....lol

Last edited:

Amer-team

AFD at JBLM 2013

DSCN0086.jpgDSCN0078.jpgDSCN0081.jpgDSCN0082.jpgDSCN0083.jpgDSCN0084.jpgDSCN0085.jpgHere are a few pictures of the day at JBLM. I may put a couple under MV's that we have seen, but this may be cheating.

Amer-team

Scott, you are right, it was me. Went up and added some historical color to a USO fundraiser yesterday. It was fun and all the donuts you could eat. Hope to get a few more pictures up later this evening.