• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armed forces day show

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Looks like you had a good one.

First let me say no pictures from me. Wife had the camera (unless you want to see kids in the moon bounce or on the playground).

The one in Frederick was kinda weak. Six helicopters but none of them were military (2 hospital birds, 3 police, 1 private); 4 military vehicles (HEMMT Wrecker, HEMMT PLS, HMMWV ambulance, Marine LAV25); the recruiters had the rock wall there. Other than that there were police cars and fire trucks and a brief fly over by a B-2 which was impressive.

The most outstanding point of the show was that at lunch time while the line for the only vendor with, what I call, kiddie food was at it's longest, in rolls the CSPSS. What is the CSPSS you ask?

CSPSS stands for Combat Sani-Pot Service Support or in other words the SST ($h!t sucking truck) which proceeds to pull up just short of breaking through the food line then backs up to the septic system tanks. YEP you got it, the timing was impecable for the Army. At that point I got disgusted and took the family home. The USAF LTC and his wife that were in line behind us summed it up best; "The Army can't put on a decent family event to save their butts.".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not P.O.'d about this, I'm laughing my butt off about it. I think it was one of the funniest things in the world. Oh and btw, the R&D boys in Frederick have one of the new MEV's and MRAP-Medical vehicles and they weren't brought out to the show. Just gotta shake your head and giggle.