• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored Humvees Powertrain

87cr250r

The old 2-71 generator sets are really nice. The 71 series engines at 1200 rpm are actually not particularly loud. As an operator I just prefer the John Deere engines because the parts availability is better and I don't have to work through that crazy Detroit Diesel parts manual. I'm down to one 4-71 in my fleet that runs a winch. We also sold all of our boats with 12-149 and 12-645 and 16-567 engines. Dag-um that 149 series was loud.

Augdog1964

I have an M1151A1 with a 6.5 turbo... 13k weight... it runs and moves JUST fine... details of armored HMMWVs not being able to "get out of their own way" clearly haven't owned or ridden in one.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turbo's seem to have really high RPM's at speed compared to none turbos, = wasted gas. But that is my experience

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks