• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored interior/dome light

cummins7

I recently purchased this light off e-bay and I knew it wasn't a bae light due to it not having the blue or red map light but it was cheap. It is made by a company in Italy called IMEAR-BS, you search that and nothing comes up. It has a 3 pin circular style plug (8-33) and has the three way switch with the one being lockable. I opened it up to see why there would be a 3 way switch and 3 wires going into it and only have 1 light. I saw (not a computer guy) what looked like a computer board and several diodes and resistors and what looked like microchips? The light looks to be led but I can add pics tomorrow of the inside.
anyone have experience with this light? image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

KsM715

I bet it's red LED one way and white LED when you turn the switch to the lockable side.

the white is locked so you can not accidentally bump it on in blackout conditions

Jeepsinker

That sounds plausible. It may be green or blue too, but yeah most likely red. Not sure why they went to the three pin connector. The old single wire connection was simple and worked fine.

rustystud

I have 2 of the dual light units (white and blue) and would love to find out who sells the connector that fits these things ! It is the simple quick twist one just like this model. Anyone have a part number ?

steelandcanvas

That's a lot of electronics just for some LED lights. Technology amazes me sometimes in a negative way...what was wrong with the old style? The lamps burned out and you replaced them, now it looks like when this craps out you just toss it. Probably twice the price of the old style.

FloridaAKM

I have an auction lot of the units NIB that have the white light & filtered blue light bulbs in them. The plug was bypassed buy rewiring around the relay & plug! Lets me chose what light is needed in the Deuce during early morning runs! Never have I seen the electronic version you have, seems way to complex for a military armored vehicle application. Good luck with it.

rustystud

I have an auction lot of the units NIB that have the white light & filtered blue light bulbs in them. The plug was bypassed buy rewiring around the relay & plug! Lets me chose what light is needed in the Deuce during early morning runs! Never have I seen the electronic version you have, seems way to complex for a military armored vehicle application. Good luck with it.

I bought two lights from FloridaAKM and they are great ! I bought the plugs on eBay.

brianrbull

I have several of these installed as "Dome" lights in my fleet... White(Bright), and Blue are my colors, The reason for the 3 wires is this light has the capability to switch from White to Blue with out changing the selector I assume this was intended for "Blackout" use...

JohnnyBM931A2

So if I bolt one of the single-wire versions to my hardtop, will that be enough of a ground to make it work when power is applied? I know there are rubber seals between the various sections, but will the bolts and nuts complete a ground circuit for this light?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks