• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Armored Spot lights

rustystud

008.jpg009.jpg011.jpg

Since I have the truck up on stands working on the front springs I thought I would take this opportunity to fix some electrical problems and also install these extra armored lights I got for my deuce. I ordered some PAR36 12volt spotlights and installed them in the lights. Since my bumper is not stock military at least I can have military spot lights !

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I love the look of the armor lights, but have had issues with them leaking and blowing out bulbs. I think mine will be replaced with something else.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the look of the armor lights, but have had issues with them leaking and blowing out bulbs. I think mine will be replaced with something else.
They are a great light but I had issues with bulbs. An LED retrofit would make for.an awesome light.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I've looked into it. The cheapest led I'd use in them is about $25 each. Yes there are some cheaper ones($12), but not up to replacement quality imho.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The ones that came in my bike parts were mixed, IR had 12v old school and the clear was omni volt LED.

bike lights.jpg armybike.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep most were Marines (M1030B1) which were up graded KLR650's by a company called HDT but a few were bought by Army and Air Force. Most have a stock KLR250 head light (with B/O) and shroud, but in the parts I got had one with an Army data plate and this head light set up, which just happens to look like my avatar photo that I found on line. here is a USAF one USAF1030B1.jpgand some Rangers in 95 bikeranger.jpg

Last edited: