• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army truck (923?) on the side of the road at night with 4 ways on. this is my story

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup of course i pulled over and figured it was a military crew being right outside of a base. nope it was of those guys like me that buys an Army truck now and then. swapped cell (phone) numbers informed him to try the basics. driver said he just picked it up and bombing around on city streets until it quit. somebody chased down a 5 gallon jug of fuel and told him to spray some either when turning over. called me from his house said made it but crapped out on arrival. .....well today i get a call with what sounds like a person who owns a M923 that doesn't run. i was 100 miles away but said i would stop by when i arriver back in town. to make a short story longer i made it to the M923 in daylight today. first thing i noticed was a frame mounted fuel filter can with no feed hose to tank and nothing to motor huh? with the hood up i noticed a mod wid new rubber fuel line and a small inline gadget a foot south of newer engine mounted pump with built in rubber primer button. the truck owner said the owner explained it was a one way fuel valve of some kind. loosened up two small lawn mower size hose clamps looked at it for a an arrow pointing towards motor but no dice. disassembles in half to look at working parts it had a ball point pen spring with a slight tension on a what i can describe as a thin piece of thin film the size of of what you get when your punching holes for notebook paper. could not believe it. well took spring and what ever you want to call this microscopic piece of film out put everything else back together. instructed the driver were ready for action. kicked the tires and lit the fire the allison auto trans banged thru the gears did a test flight solo without me i didn't want to walk if things didn't go as planned. he said thanx and i lit up my K2500HD and went to wendys.IMG_0046.jpg

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup of course i pulled over and figured it was a military crew being right outside of a base. nope it was of those guys like me that buys an Army truck now and then. swapped cell (phone) numbers informed him to try the basics. driver said he just picked it up and bombing around on city streets until it quit. somebody chased down a 5 gallon jug of fuel and told him to spray some either when turning over. called me from his house said made it but crapped out on arrival. .....well today i get a call with what sounds like a person who owns a M923 that doesn't run. i was 100 miles away but said i would stop by when i arriver back in town. to make a short story longer i made it to the M923 in daylight today. first thing i noticed was a frame mounted fuel filter can with no feed hose to tank and nothing to motor huh? with the hood up i noticed a mod wid new rubber fuel line and a small inline gadget a foot south of newer engine mounted pump with built in rubber primer button. the truck owner said the owner explained it was a one way fuel valve of some kind. loosened up two small lawn mower size hose clamps looked at it for a an arrow pointing towards motor but no dice. disassembles in half to look at working parts it had a ball point pen spring with a slight tension on a what i can describe as a thin piece of thin film the size of of what you get when your punching holes for notebook paper. could not believe it. well took spring and what ever you want to call this microscopic piece of film out put everything else back together. instructed the driver were ready for action. kicked the tires and lit the fire the allison auto trans banged thru the gears did a test flight solo without me i didn't want to walk if things didn't go as planned. he said thanx and i lit up my K2500HD and went to wendys.View attachment 651901
saw the M923 and owner in HD lot tonite couple weeks after fix and risked asking em how the truck is doing. said its been 99% operational the 1% is the plate light is burned out. am i good or what.

Attachments