• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

As I hurry up and wait... SHIPPING a HMMWV?

spankybear

As I wait as fast as I can for the EUC to clear I am thinking about the next step... Getting the truck here. I have ever intention on a road trip to Barstow to pick it up. I am, however, thinking it maybe a good idea to have a backup plan. How much of a pain is it to shipping a non running truck? I live in Washington state (AKA Cali norte) and I hear rumblings it maybe a pain to find a shippers to ship up this way. Anybody with some recent stories, ideas or thoughts.

Still want to feel how good it would be to be out of the rain.. and a sky with no clouds.

Hummer Guy

It shouldn't be that hard to find someone that would ship a non running a humvee, try uship, I had a non-running BRDM shipped on there. Only part that was difficult is we needed a wrecker to get it off the trailer and into a storage unit.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please fill in your profile to indicate whether you’re in Washington State or Washington DC. That will help people to recommend shipping agents.

spankybear

Who lives in Washington DC AND collects MVs? Why type of person would this be? Guess a HMMWV could be useful to drive through all of that BS... Also is Washington DC abbreviated WA? Always seen it DC... West of the Rockies you are on the Art Bell Show!

Now if you confused Western Australia WA with Washington State WA you would have had me... but that's the wrong side of the road.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I wait as fast as I can for the EUC to clear I am thinking about the next step... Getting the truck here. I have ever intention on a road trip to Barstow to pick it up. I am, however, thinking it maybe a good idea to have a backup plan. How much of a pain is it to shipping a non running truck? I live in Washington state (AKA Cali norte) and I hear rumblings it maybe a pain to find a shippers to ship up this way. Anybody with some recent stories, ideas or thoughts.

Still want to feel how good it would be to be out of the rain.. and a sky with no clouds.
Check with Steve on here, Retired Warhorses. He has a haul guy that might be able to help you out. I don't think you would enjoy a ride thru Northern CA without a big dually diesel. Lots of freight inbound to WA state, not a lot out. Makes it pricey. My 2 cents.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who lives in Washington DC AND collects MVs? Why type of person would this be? Guess a HMMWV could be useful to drive through all of that BS... Also is Washington DC abbreviated WA? Always seen it DC... West of the Rockies you are on the Art Bell Show!

Now if you confused Western Australia WA with Washington State WA you would have had me... but that's the wrong side of the road.
I was being diplomatic and polite.

Forum rules, post your city and state.

spankybear

Check with Steve on here, Retired Warhorses. He has a haul guy that might be able to help you out. I don't think you would enjoy a ride thru Northern CA without a big dually diesel. Lots of freight inbound to WA state, not a lot out. Makes it pricey. My 2 cents.
I'll check with him... I don't have to drive through Northern California to get to Barstow... I can actually drive through Salt Lake City and only add about an hour to the drive... Or it is faster to drive though Nevada.

But speaking of Norcal... I won a M1101 at Doyle and hopfully be there this time tomorrow. Had to accessorize the HMMWV ...

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check with him... I don't have to drive through Northern California to get to Barstow... I can actually drive through Salt Lake City and only add about an hour to the drive... Or it is faster to drive though Nevada.

But speaking of Norcal... I won a M1101 at Doyle and hopfully be there this time tomorrow. Had to accessorize the HMMWV ...
I drove through Nevada to get mine. From Olympia it was a 2400 mile 66 hour round trip, with one night in Beatty.
They didn't have a starbucks, but the coffee shop guy did have a sense of humor and decent omelets.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've done 93 from Twin Falls to Vegas and 95 from I80 to Vegas (I don't remember ever being north of Winnemucca). If the weather is cooperating I'd do either before Salt Lake to the east. Bad weather I'm going thru Salt Lake! See why we are curious about your city. I assumed you were on the coast. My Bad , much nicer people on the west side. I meant east side!!!!!!!

Last edited:

spankybear

I drove through Nevada to get mine. From Olympia it was a 2400 mile 66 hour round trip, with one night in Beatty.
They didn't have a starbucks, but the coffee shop guy did have a sense of humor and decent omelets.
Sounds like a road trip to me... That and you I don't have to deal with the mind dead drones racing up The 5 (I5 for non Californians and East of the Rockies)

oh.... And stop with the Washingtonians needing Starbucks :sick: I'll take Dutch Bros over Starbucks

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a road trip to me... That and you I don't have to deal with the mind dead drones racing up The 5 (I5 for non Californians and East of the Rockies)

oh.... And stop with the Washingtonians needing Starbucks :sick: I'll take Dutch Bros over Starbucks
It's not so much the coffee shop brand, but all the complicated names that people have come up with to order coffee.
That shop basically had a dozen flavorings you could add, and only a couple types and sizes of coffee type drinks you could pick from. None of the fancy crap that the snobs up in Seattle area are known for just trying to be their own "unique" like everyone else.

M1165A1

Not all drivers are equal. If you are not going to pick up yourself, then get one who knows how to eyeball your new truck, make sure it matches the auction description, and knows how to secure it properly.

Example: It would suck to have your new truck arrive without the X doors pictured in the auction. (Happened recently in another thread)

spankybear

Not all drivers are equal. If you are not going to pick up yourself, then get one who knows how to eyeball your new truck, make sure it matches the auction description, and knows how to secure it properly.

Example: It would suck to have your new truck arrive without the X doors pictured in the auction. (Happened recently in another thread)
No doors so no issues there.

spankybear

Oh boy. I posted my adventure to get the M1101 in the trailer forum. While dealing that the EUC was approved on Friday the 24. Much MUCH faster than I guessed. That adventure took anyway in urge for a road trip and the weather... I'll see what shipping will be and go from there.

I'll reach out to the suggestions and if anybody has any more please let me know.

The truck is in Yermo (Barstow) California and I am in Washington State (for the people East of the Rockies) nearish Seattle (landmark for people East Coast should know) (AKA 1st world shithole) And to clear this up you do NOT have to drive though Seattle to get to my place.

Now the hurry up and wait begins to get the truck... Just in time since I have the M1101 now...

spankybear

I used Uship to find a shipper... All I will say is I am glad I had the truck shipped. Right now there a good storm in Northern California and my truck is just south of the storm. I told the driver he could wait if he didn't want to deal with the passes. More waiting as fast as I can!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks