• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

As promised, Pics of my Gama Goat that I made a trade of $800.00 in goods for.

dirtdobber

Looks mighty good for an $800 investment.
I swapped 3000 rounds of ammo and a couple other things for it. The guy had 2 Goats and this one was "for parts" so its missing the starter,generator,batteries and will need a brake job. I spun the engine with a socket and the drive train seems to be complete. I figure about $1200.00 to get it on the road.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure that you made a really good trade, for what you have into it you could do everything there is to get it back into running condition and more and still deep into the POSITIVE side of things!!
Congrats this is the best deal I have heard of yet on a Goat, keep us posted please.
Karl

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why anybody in this world would not want a goat somebody please tell me why.Al
I've been told many times over the last month how deranged I was for wanting one. The standard line is "10 hours work for 1 hour of driving." The thing is, I'm fine with that. As long as I can do the work I'm cool with it. Now of course I've put more than 10 hours into mine already and only driven it for less than 5 minutes but it's all setting the stage for the time I can drive it for an hour.

dirtdobber

I am pretty sure that you made a really good trade, for what you have into it you could do everything there is to get it back into running condition and more and still deep into the POSITIVE side of things!!
Congrats this is the best deal I have heard of yet on a Goat, keep us posted please.
Karl
I hope so. Right now I'm changing all the fluids and filters. I have a new starter lined up by the end of the month it will run me $360.00 w/o a core. I believe the same shop can get me a generator for a bit more.
I am still in the process of discovery on this beast. Some times I climb around and under it just to find myself staring at wires,parts and how it is put together and how it works.

dirtdobber

I've been told many times over the last month how deranged I was for wanting one. The standard line is "10 hours work for 1 hour of driving." The thing is, I'm fine with that. As long as I can do the work I'm cool with it. Now of course I've put more than 10 hours into mine already and only driven it for less than 5 minutes but it's all setting the stage for the time I can drive it for an hour.
I don't believe we are deranged for owing a Gama Goat. I think it proves how unique we are in our interests as well as our willingness to take on such an unusual beast. Folks that are not into military anything will admit that they would find this vehicle quite interesting and would have to look or ask questions, and that could be the vary opening we need to explain why we do these kind of projects.

dmetalmiki

I would like to know how this is progressing as well..They are such a rare and unusual beast that they are well worth having, especially at the deal you had on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks