• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ask doors for MEP002A

kipman

I am looking for two doors for my mep002A with ASK, need the battery door and the door that covers the oil filter. any help would be great.

762luver

I can't help you with your doors, but I hope you can help me with my ASK. I purchased the kit after the gen set, but it didn't come with any hardware. Can you tell me what the screw size is that attahces the pannels together? I think it's 1/4-20 but after about a thread, I hit some resistance. I assume this is some sort of thread locker because 5/16 are too big and #10 screws are too small.

Thanks for the help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Actually, they are some kind of shoulder bolts. I will see if I have one I can get a measurement off of tomorrow.

AaronW

Westech, I understand where you are going with this. However, the original post was from May 2010. The second post was being asked in a good place versus starting a new thread. I think 762 actually used the search function.

762luver

And now for something completely different,

Yes I did use the search function. With over 50 PAGES of aux eq I didn't want to add to the noise.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

The TM also specifies teflon tape at the joints. I assume this helps with vibratin damepning and pannel chafing. Is it just a good idea or is it necessary to prolong the life of the unit?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks