• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ask doors for MEP002A

kipman

I am looking for two doors for my mep002A with ASK, need the battery door and the door that covers the oil filter. any help would be great.

762luver

I can't help you with your doors, but I hope you can help me with my ASK. I purchased the kit after the gen set, but it didn't come with any hardware. Can you tell me what the screw size is that attahces the pannels together? I think it's 1/4-20 but after about a thread, I hit some resistance. I assume this is some sort of thread locker because 5/16 are too big and #10 screws are too small.

Thanks for the help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Actually, they are some kind of shoulder bolts. I will see if I have one I can get a measurement off of tomorrow.

AaronW

Westech, I understand where you are going with this. However, the original post was from May 2010. The second post was being asked in a good place versus starting a new thread. I think 762 actually used the search function.

762luver

And now for something completely different,

Yes I did use the search function. With over 50 PAGES of aux eq I didn't want to add to the noise.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

The TM also specifies teflon tape at the joints. I assume this helps with vibratin damepning and pannel chafing. Is it just a good idea or is it necessary to prolong the life of the unit?